PDA

View Full Version : Wanna be on BBC? here's your chance!

nakman
01-27-2014, 08:09 PM
This just in...

My name is Scott Goldstein and I am a Casting Director for the company behind the hit car show Top Gear. I am writing you because we are currently casting a brand new series and we are searching for outgoing, fun loving car enthusiasts!

The shows name is “Mud, Sweat and Gears” and it will give car enthusiasts the ultimate one of a kind experience: to modify and race a car that they design. We are looking for teams of two who will work alongside one another in order create and drive their kick ass car!

I am writing you with the hopes you may be able to email this information out your club members, or post it on your Facebook page. I think this is an opportunity that anyone passionate about cars would love!

Attached is a flyer with all the shows casting information. We are doing interviews now, and are set to begin filming in the next two months. If any of your clubs members are interested they must respond to the information asked for in the flyer ASAP. The great thing is we are interviewing potential teams via Skype. Thus not posing a huge inconvenience to anyone who would like to audition.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thank you so much,

Scott Goldstein Casting Director
BBC Worldwide
O: 323-785-8789
F: 323-785-8776
E: Scott.Goldstein@bbcaproduction.com

MisledYouth
01-27-2014, 08:35 PM
I want in, but if I built something, it wouldn't work.

Squishy!
01-27-2014, 09:14 PM
I want in

Rezarf
01-27-2014, 11:43 PM
I call uncle Ben!

Hulk
01-28-2014, 01:06 AM
I'm thinking Marco.

Rezarf
01-28-2014, 09:15 AM
I'd carry Marco and Kevin's bags to the vent just to be a fly on the wall with those two.

Drew

80Series
01-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Is this thing really legit? Seems a little fishy to me since they ask for so personal information such as name and contact info. I work in the fraud department at a credit union and see similar fraud everyday. Don't get me wrong this really seems like a sweet deal, but whenever it seems too good to be true it always is. Plus it doesn't seems like there is anything from BBC or anything I can find online stating this is legitimate. Just my 2 cents.

Hulk
01-28-2014, 12:02 PM
I found a discussion online about this (from 2012):
When they film the Top Gear shows here at the old El Toro base, all the emails I get for audience stuff is gmail as well. From being at the productions, it sounds like BBC is funding/producing the american version but the production company is a US outfit. None of the releases or stuff you sign has BBC listed on it anywhere. That's pretty much true of any TV show. Very few if any are produced by the actual network that broadcasts it.
I'm betting it's legit. It probably wouldn't be a risk to contact them, at least.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 01:22 PM
I want in.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 01:22 PM
I'll send them an email.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Just sent it off.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 01:30 PM
And, already a response:

The show would film for a total of 4 days in Southern California. Travel, hotel, meals and a small per diem will be provided. We are filming during the months of March and April.

We are looking for teams of two who are capable of doing modifications to a vehicle as well as being able to then race it.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to give me a call.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 01:36 PM
So, Kevin and Marco, since you have been deemed the two designers/fabbers/racers, what say you??!!!

You know you want to do it!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

rover67
01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Whoa sweet, I'll check it out today!

Isaac did you write down a 2nd? Kevin?

AxleIke
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
No, I didn't apply, I just asked about it. I can't do it anyway, I'll be out of town for all of march and the first part of april. You and Kevin should apply is what everyone is saying.

Brucker
02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
So has anyone else actually interviewed with them or even applied?

Brucker
02-21-2014, 05:07 PM
So has anyone else actually interviewed with them or even applied?

Anyone?

Fishy
02-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I can do it.

In the 100....... IFS FTW!

Who's with me? Marco? UB? {crickets.......crickets}

Brucker
02-21-2014, 10:59 PM
I can do it.

In the 100....... IFS FTW!

Who's with me? Marco? UB? {crickets.......crickets}

If you haven't applied yet, I believe it is too late to be considered. Don't quote me on that. Just an assumption.

Was inquiring if anyone else had gotten a call back, an interview, 2nd round back ground check, or even farther in the process?

AxleIke
02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
I inquired, but since it was going to be filmed in March, I couldn't do it.

Brucker
04-04-2014, 01:29 AM
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/bbc-america-greenlights-unscripted-series-mud-sweat-and-tears-1201122579/

BBC America has given the green light to the new vehicle transformation series “Mud, Sweat and Gears,” hosted by UK car journos Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith. The hour-long spot will be produced by BBC Worldwide Productions for BBC America and BBC Worldwide’s new Brit channel.

In each of the eight unscripted episodes, daredevils Ford and Smith both captain a team of two fellow car enthusiasts and are given 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles to compete in stunt challenges.

The series was ordered by BBC America’s general manager Perry Simon and Tracy Forsyth, BBC Worldwide’s VP of commissioning, original content. Nathaniel Grouille serves as exec producer and showrunner alongside exec producer Trice Barto.

“Mud, Sweat and Gears” is set to join BBC America’s “Top Gear”-driven Monday night lineup and will follow the popular car series which, now in its 21st season, which is on target to be its highest rated in the U.S. The new series will be part of a slate of unscripted programming including “Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan,” “The Graham Norton Show” and “Million Dollar Critic.”

In addition to BBC America, “Mud, Sweat and Gears” will be launched across the BBC’s international channels. It is also the first commission to be announced for the new male-skewing factual entertainment channel BBC Brit, set to bow in markets outside of the U.S. this year.

Shooting for “Mud, Sweat and Gears” begins next month in California.

Brucker
04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Just returned from filming our episode. Had a fantastic time with some awesome hosts and crew. Show should be very entertaining!

Hulk
04-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Just returned from filming our episode. Had a fantastic time with some awesome hosts and crew. Show should be very entertaining!

Cool! Who was on your team?

Brucker
04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Cool! Who was on your team?

A good buddy of mine who also owns a metal fab shop (non 4x4 related) here in Colorado along the front range.