PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Article on the 10 Best Used Cars

MountainGoat
01-28-2014, 11:21 AM
1. Lexus LX470/Toyota Land Cruiser

These vehicles are the automotive version of granite. They are heavy as hell, donít age and will most assuredly squash whatever vehicular bugs and cockroaches are on the road should the Zombie Apocalypse ever take place. The Land Cruiser and LX470 are the best on our list. (http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/car-dealer-scientific-guide-10-best-used-vehicles-181842236.html)

They figured it out. :thumb:

MTSN
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
1. Lexus LX470/Toyota Land Cruiser

These vehicles are the automotive version of granite. They are heavy as hell, donít age and will most assuredly squash whatever vehicular bugs and cockroaches are on the road should the Zombie Apocalypse ever take place. The Land Cruiser and LX470 are the best on our list. (http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/car-dealer-scientific-guide-10-best-used-vehicles-181842236.html)

They figured it out. :thumb:

They definitely got it right! My friends thought I was crazy for getting rid of a BMW X5 and nearly new Acura TSX for a 1998 Land Cruiser...until they came along skiing and wheeling with me! :thumb:

OilHammer
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
The real take away from that article, in my opinion, is that all (save 1) of those Japanese models are assembled in Japan. The reason the Tundra, Accord, Camry, etc vehicles aren't on there is because they contain parts from other countries and are assembled by slackers. And even more so, low volume flagship models will typically have a higher quality part on top of being made in Japan.

wesintl
01-30-2014, 01:18 PM
do they make the front diff diff in japan? might as well be out of a corolla.

It certainly won't win in any zombie apocalypse if you have to rely on the front diff

OilHammer
01-30-2014, 01:56 PM
But if you were driving an 80 in the zombie attack, they would outrun you and overtake the truck. Of course, you wouldn't be able to roll down the windows to shoot them, and you would certainly run out of gas before reaching the edge of town. lol