PDA

View Full Version : So dont piss TPI 4x4 off.

bigcity25
01-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Can't blame them for being frustrated about people skipping on their bills. But using social media as an attempt to collect may hurt them later on down the road. Who knows I am not a lawyer. But this is a first for me to see. 36111 36112

Hulk
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Not only is that questionable, it's probably illegal.

bigcity25
01-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Kind of what I was thinking also.

AimCOTaco
01-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, probably not the best way to demonstrate your professionalism.
That said, not to different from a gas station I used to frequent that posted bad checks for all to see, seems like that was a 1980's thing, nobody writes checks for gas today.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 12:16 PM
I was just going to say, people posted bad checks all the time when I was younger. Had names, addresses, and in some cases, phone numbers.

I think its a good way to let people know why you had to raise prices. I don't know why it would be illegal. They didn't post anything that you can't find in a phone book.

Corbet
01-28-2014, 12:23 PM
checks like this?

If the card was questionable why did they accept it? But that is definitely not the way to try to collect on anything.

AxleIke
01-28-2014, 12:32 PM
checks like this?

If the card was questionable why did they accept it? But that is definitely not the way to try to collect on anything.

Yeah, except locals, not Jerry Sienfeld :D

imhighlander
01-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Truth is an absolute defense against a claim for libel, so I doubt this is actually illegal. It's risky at best, though, and they run the risk of having to defend a libel claim and pay a lawyer to settle the matter for them.

It seems to me that the way to handle it would be to not name the guy, obviously refuse to do business with him in the future, and come up with a more professional way to let other customers know why their prices are affected. (Though it seems a bit spurious to claim that the actions of one individual would be THE cause for increasing prices.)

ScaldedDog
01-28-2014, 03:58 PM
They Wetzeled him, Facebook style!

Mark

cruiseroutfit
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
To further muddy the waters, "John Allen" surely isn't his/her name, rather whomever's stolen card they are using. Someone using a different name but the EXACT SAME ADDRESS tried to order an Old Man Emu suspension kit from us in November, the cards did not address verify, customer phone number was no good and a subsequent call to the credit card merchant said no good. So, we thankfully didn't ship.

Rezarf
01-28-2014, 05:28 PM
(Though it seems a bit spurious to claim that the actions of one individual would be THE cause for increasing prices.)

I don't know, imagine racking up a full build on one ticket... if I had unlimited funds and one shot at an order (like a CC thief) then I suppose I could rack up quite the bill.

If anyone want to test my theory feel free to PM YOUR credit card info, I'll do my best.