PDA

View Full Version : Left Hand Canyon Trail

Ray 2014
01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Thursday Jan 23rd.
Just came from the Boulder Ranger District meeting.
First meeting since August 2013, due to the floods. Cat and her crew were busy with other flood stuff, so no meetings took place until now.

20 people representing several clubs were present ( I'm a Trail Ridge Runner soon to be a Rising Sun member )

I'm only passing this along due most all trails will open in 2014 in the BRD area., some will need some work before opening, BUT the Left Hand Canyon area will NOT open in 2014, and probably will not open in 2015.

2014 is the planning and assessment for Left hand
No plans to get any repairs completed.

We argued that we have the man power with in the clubs to get this project going sooner. Cat can only do so much with the powers above her in Fort Collins.

I was also at the Colorado Association of Four Wheel Drive Club meeting In Buena Vista on the 25th of January if anyone has questions.

Ray

AimCOTaco
01-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the update Ray, I wanted to get down there but work was in the way with some unexpected afternoon problems.

What was the general tone of the meeting? Do they want us (OHV users) in our out, happy or sad?

Thanks for standing up.

Uncle Ben
01-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Thank you very much Ray! :thumb::thumb:

coloradobound
01-30-2014, 10:28 PM
So was it tonight or last week the 23rd?

Ray 2014
01-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Yes, I messed up, is was Thursday evening, the 30th.

Ray 2014
01-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the update Ray, I wanted to get down there but work was in the way with some unexpected afternoon problems.

What was the general tone of the meeting? Do they want us (OHV users) in our out, happy or sad?

Thanks for standing up.

General tone of the meeting was normal, what ever normal can be in these meetings.

Part of me wants to believe closing gate at the trail entrance of Left Hand allows the BRD to lock us out of a problem area for them, Thousands of Dollars and volunteer hours have been poured into this trail over the years, plus the fight with those who live in the area and the issue with the shooting area.
But, I do truly believe the BRD does want to get the repairs completed to open the trail, just how long the process will take is unknown, Cat just does not allow us to know everything on the meetings she attends.
The next BRD meeting is set for the end of February. I will be there again.

nattybumppo
01-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update , Ray

Rezarf
01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the update and representing responsible OHV community!