PDA

View Full Version : Cruiserfest, Sept 5-7, 2014

Inukshuk
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Save the Date - Cruiserfest, Sept 5-7, 2014

"2014 Registration will be the active the end of February"

http://www.cruiserfest.com/schedule/cruiser-expedition-schedule

The Expedition is probably Wed - Friday from Moab to Tooele, but we can start ours in Denver.

nuclearlemon
02-04-2014, 11:46 AM
almost made it last year, so seriously gonna try to make it this year.

imhighlander
02-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Subscribed for updates. May conflict with work but I'd love to make this.

cruiseroutfit
02-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Do it! :cool:

Inukshuk
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Do it! :cool:

JuyLTDAC7fE

cruiseroutfit
02-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Seriously, Anne Marie and the entire CruiserFest planning crew would really love to help make a Denver to CF group a reality. Alan 'Ace' Brown from the Bookcliff Cruisers in Grand Junction has been talking about a similar group from that neck of the woods and I'm planning my Moab to CF route. I see no reason our Idaho to CF route won't be happening either. Last year the Moab & ID routes met in the west desert (Pony Express Trail area) about 2 hours from the park and we all caravaned in together, how neat would it be for 3 or 4 groups to do that? :cool:

bh4rnnr
02-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Got it on the Calendar. Hope to do the Convoy, but may end up flying out for the weekend, this would give me a chance to spend some time with Grandpa.

Boss Hog
02-08-2014, 12:40 PM
almost made it last year, so seriously gonna try to make it this year.

We GOTTA go!

Rock Dog
02-18-2014, 01:04 AM
knee is behaving, so I plan to make it again this year!! missed way too much wheeling the last 2 years!! :-)

Inukshuk
02-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Great to see all the interest. Talking to Kurt about coordinating expeditions.

nuclearlemon
02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
will this be a leave wednesday thing?

Inukshuk
02-19-2014, 08:10 PM
will this be a leave wednesday thing?

Two years ago the Moab expedition met Wednesday AM in Moab and got to the track Friday afternoon. Its about an 9 hour straight through drive to the track in Tooele. I'd think to meet the Utah group at Thursday night camp, so leave Wednesday at the latest

cruiseroutfit
02-20-2014, 01:12 AM
This years Moab to CruiserFest trip will likely have a Tuesday evening departure from Moab as to give us a half day extra time along the route... perhaps camping at the sand dunes north of Moab night one? We could easily mesh our logistics to meet the ID and CO groups somewhere south of the park a day earlier :cool:

Here are the ID and Moab groups meeting in Vernon last year :cool:

cruiseroutfit
06-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Registration is open for CruiserFest 2014. Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of this amazing event, now in it's 6th year.

What is CruiserFest? Cruiserfest is a gathering of Land Cruiser aficionados at Miller Motorsports Park to celebrate all things Land Cruiser. Need I say more?

Activities include trail rides, camping, classes and seminars, tours of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum (have you have seen a Toyota MegaCruiser in person ;)), art show, rock-crawling competition, awards, dinners and more!

Visit the CruiserFest website for more information and to register:
http://cruiserfest.com

http://cruiserfest.com/images/2014/event-poster/CruiserfestPoster2014-665x1024.jpg

Burt88
06-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Just registered to roll out of Grand Junction.

cruiseroutfit
06-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Just registered to roll out of Grand Junction.

:cool:

cruiseroutfit
07-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Some folks have been asking about trail ride descriptions... here you go:

Moab to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Kurt Williams

The Moab excursion will depart from the Moab area on the evening of Tuesday, September 2. Our first night camp will have us in the scenic and remote San Rafael Swell. We will spend Wednesday exploring the Swell and making our way up to the high elevations of Skyline Drive camping amongst the pines that evening. We'll drop into Utah's West Desert on Thursday, camping near Utah's famous Little Sahara sand dunes. Our group will rendezvous with the City of Rocks group along the historic Pony Express Trail on Friday and caravan to CruiserFest at the Miller Motorsports Park, arriving Friday afternoon.

Denver, CO to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Dan Markofsky

The Denver excursion will depart from the Denver area on Monday, September 1. We will start out on highway 285 and follow over Red Cone or Webster Pass (12,096’). We’ll climb Radical Hill to connect to Georgia Pass and descend into the Breckenridge area.

From Breckenridge we will travel south on pavement to take Mosquito Pass (13,186’) into Leadville. Head out of Leadville to Hagerman Pass (11,925’) where we will make camp for the night.

Leaving Hagerman Pass, we’ll head into the Roaring Fork Valley (by Aspen). The tour will head to the historic quarry town of Marble and the most photographed site in the State – the “Crystal Mill” (Sheep Mountain Power House, and located on the Lost Horse Mill site). We’ll drive Schofield Pass past the infamous “Devil’s Punchbowl” and onto beautiful Crested Butte. (Alternate route: Pearl or Taylor passes to Crested Butte and Schofield Pass to Marble). From Crested Butte we’ll make some highway miles (or head up to the Grand Mesa) to camp at Rabbit Valley, marking our entry to the desert lands bordering Utah.

We’ll begin the next day exploring part of the Kokopelli trail and take a detour to see rock art near the ghost town of Sego, passing through Thompson Springs (the inspiration of the movie Cars). Once again hitting the highway for a while, we’ll rendezvous with the other trail ride groups for camp at Little Sahara sand dunes in Utah, which will be our jumping off point for the final push to CruiserFest.

Grand Junction, CO to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Alan “Ace” Brown

The Grand Junction team will meet in Fruita, Colorado (Exit 19 off the I-70) Tuesday, September 2 at 9:00 am. Waypoints include Dinosaur National Monument, Flaming Gorge NRA, and the High Uintas. Group will likely rendezvous in the Little Sahara

Prescott, AZ to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Scott Brady

Details coming

City of Rocks, ID to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leaders: Dave Connors and Ryan Davis

The City of Rocks group will meet up Wednesday, September 3 and spend the night at City of Rocks National Reserve.

We’ll break camp and hit the trail by 9:30 am Thursday morning. The route to CruiserFest will start out east toward the hamlet of Naf. After a quick stop at the tiny market for a last chance at supplies and maybe some ice cream the group will turn south around the Raft River Mountains and head for the remnants of the historic Kelton Cemetery. From there we’ll head along the original Transcontinental Railroad grade to the town of Lucin. After hopping over the tracks we’ll make a quick stop at the Lucin Sun Tunnels. The Sun Tunnels are one of the three pieces of Earth Art in the Great Salt Lake Desert and the site of Solstice based pilgrimages for many. We will continue south toward the Bonneville Salt Flats and the Silver Island Range to have lunch and take a group photo on the shimmering reflection of the world famous home of “land speed records.”

After a quick stop in Wendover to top off fuel tanks and a chance to wash the salt off the Cruisers the route will continue south through the eastern fringes of the Great Basin Desert. A quick stop at Blue Lake, a true desert anomaly, will be our last stop before heading into the Deep Creek Mountains to set up camp.

Following breakfast Friday morning, we’ll break camp and hit the trail by 10:00 am. The route will head through Callao, south down to the Weiss Highway, and then east through the Confusion Range. We will head to Simpson Springs where we will meet up with the other trail groups and caravan into CruiserFest together.

Register for trail rides and more @ www.CruiserFest.com

Burt88
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Yes!!!! I'm already excited about this trip!

cruiseroutfit
07-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes!!!! I'm already excited about this trip!

Inukshuk
07-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Some folks have been asking about trail ride descriptions... here you go:

We may still have snow on some of those passes - real adventure. Three confirmed registrations. Two more I know plan to. Going to be epic.

cruiseroutfit
07-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Sweet! :cool:

nuclearlemon
07-03-2014, 12:11 AM
looks like it's gonna be a blast...i better hurry up and weld up my suspension :)

cruiseroutfit
07-03-2014, 01:09 AM
looks like it's gonna be a blast...i better hurry up and weld up my suspension :)

Get on it!

mozes
07-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Oh I'm really interested in this !! Should have cruiser ready for this too.is there a deadline for signing up?

Inukshuk
07-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Oh I'm really interested in this !! Should have cruiser ready for this too.is there a deadline for signing up?

From Denver we are limited to 12 rigs and I don't expect it to fill, but the sooner you commit, the sooner the universe aligns in support!

You got gears and a V8 in that 91 to drive those 37's?

mozes
07-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Nope, just a lot of patience! ! :)

nuclearlemon
07-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Nope, just a lot of patience! ! :)

you might like gears on a couple of the trails. steep passes suck with a dog engine and redcone and mosquito will do a better job keeping your seatcushions out of your butt with gears to slow you down...redcone for the potential roll off the trail factor and mosquito for it's bounce factor.

Crash
07-06-2014, 05:47 PM
you might like gears on a couple of the trails. steep passes suck with a dog engine and redcone and mosquito will do a better job keeping your seatcushions out of your butt with gears to slow you down...redcone for the potential roll off the trail factor and mosquito for it's bounce factor.

Dog engine? I just passed half of the traffic on I-70 eastbound Floyd Hill and reached the top at 55mph. On 35" Swampers and a hot day, no less. The 3FE is NOT a dog engine. But then, you already knew that, didn't you Ige? :cool:
Before that, it was big fun today wheeling Bill Moore Lake and then down Red Elephant Hill with Alex Bingham, son of former Rising Sunner James Bingham and his friend Will who now wrenches at Slee Off Road.

Burt88
07-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I'd have to say I'm mixed about calling the 3fe a dog engine. Dog is too powerful of a word to call it. I'll be running out of Grand Junction for the trip and hope that I don't slow too many people down. I've got my 3fe pushing 39.5's using 5.29 gears and she does okay.

mozes
07-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Nah if I go I'll be tail gunner. I'm good with that. Winter time will be re gear time. Have an ARB in the front. Will need to gf et a rear locker when I do the re gear so I can do all at once. 5.29s for sure. Will I slow everyone down too much?

mozes
07-06-2014, 07:37 PM
And I've wheeled under powered rigs for years. I started in isuzu troopers with 4 cylinder engines and 33s!!

nuclearlemon
07-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Dog engine? I just passed half of the traffic on I-70 eastbound Floyd Hill and reached the top at 55mph. On 35" Swampers and a hot day, no less. The 3FE is NOT a dog engine. But then, you already knew that, didn't you Ige? :cool:

but is yours pulling 37s on stock gears?

Inukshuk
07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Nah if I go I'll be tail gunner. I'm good with that. Winter time will be re gear time. Have an ARB in the front. Will need to gf et a rear locker when I do the re gear so I can do all at once. 5.29s for sure. Will I slow everyone down too much?

Only one way to find out .... hit the trail.

I have to imagine it won't be an issue on the trails. We may have a few short steep climbs, and we will be at some high elevations, but no extremely technical trail surfaces.

We will have some sections of highway at which we'd hopefully have regular highway cruising speeds of 65-75. No speed contests but if someone needs to cruise at 55mph then a 600 mile trip to SLC may be pushing it in a week. The biggest highway day will be a 250 mile Thursday after a portion of the Kokopelli trail. We will go from near Westwater, UT to near the Little Sahara Recreation Area. Mostly flat, only a few climbs. No hurry and if someone really wanted to go fast or slow we can find ways to let people travel the pavement at their own paces. On the trail we must be a team. Feel free to PM or e-mail me to discuss.

MicahMan
07-15-2014, 09:51 AM
This is getting more and more fun! I'm excited to have such a big crew!

Dan can't wait to see your lights again and hear stories of Palestine and Israel first hand!

This is what I'm driving out this year!
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m536/micahplatt/20140701_092803_zps0ba4823f.jpg

Inukshuk
07-15-2014, 10:12 PM
This is getting more and more fun! I'm excited to have such a big crew!

Dan can't wait to see your lights again and hear stories of Palestine and Israel first hand!

This is what I'm driving out this year!
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m536/micahplatt/20140701_092803_zps0ba4823f.jpg

You have downsized!

I'll have stories, but you have to come on the Denver trip!

Inukshuk
08-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Four days out. Is the truck ready? What work must get done before I go? What can wait?

Probably common thoughts to the 8 of us meeting 8:00 AM Monday for the 5 day tour to Cruiserfest.

Its all going to work out fine. Time to start thinking of wide open spaces, mountain tops and desert canyons, camp coffee and campfires.

cruiseroutfit
09-01-2014, 01:08 PM
See you guys soon!

Inukshuk
09-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Day one almost complete. Gassing up in Leadville and about to head up Hagerman Pass385343853538536

Boss Hog
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
That is a sweet fleet of 'Cruisers! I doubt the Brown Bomber would've been able to keep up. Looking good! Super jealous...

Inukshuk
09-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Ige just won a 50 quart ARB fridge donated by Kurt Williams of Cruiser Outfitters. 38589

Sarah won most unique.

Romer
09-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Congrats Ige