PDA

View Full Version : Lapidary grinder/polisher

OilHammer
02-13-2014, 11:37 AM
I have one of these that its time to get rid of and get just a small grinder instead, as I just don't have the space for something this size and I have no intention of getting into that kind of hobby to fully use it. It has a wet saw on one side, two grinder stones, and a polishing wheel (all of them wet). I need to look up the exact brand, but it's very very similar to this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Lapidary-Saw-Grinder-6-Saw-Grinding-Polisher-Arbor-Combo-HighLand-Park-/181318937490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a37736b92

Commonly used for cutting geodes and other stones, but I never used it for that. I just cut tile with it and smoothed the edges. It's old, it's heavy, and perfect for someone into that kind of hobby. Make an offer. :)

PhatFJ
02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Sending pm..

OilHammer
02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Okay, so it's a vintage star industries unit. Here's some pics. I think I've had this for 20 years. Doh! Just to be clear, these are not your average grinder, so I'm looking for somewhere close to fair value. Link above is not far off, but I don't have a fixed price in mind.
Pics are very dusty, as the house is under construction at the moment.