PDA

View Full Version : Tweeked Runner

stinkyfj60
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
So the soon to be ex-wife has my '84 Runner until I get the new fuel pump in her Range Rover Classic... and she frickin' wrecks it :rant:

She hasnt let me see it, so I give her a call and ask for a damage report. It took the hit on the right front fener, from in front of the wheel well forward. So I think I lost a fender for sure, and possibly a hood, I know the bumper is toast and so is one of the lights... but my biggest concern? The driver door is hitting the fender :eek: Lets hope its just the bumper pushing that fender out of whack because it sounds like it took the hit right on the side of the bumper pushing it perpendicular to the travel of the truck. I cant imagine the frame being tweeked.

Great :mad:

2badfjs
09-08-2006, 07:28 AM
bummer big time jason,
what you need to find out is at what speed was the accident.
this could be a determining factor to tell if the frame might be tweeked.
sound like the hit came from the front if the fender is hitting the door.

hope it works out :(
let me know if i can help in any way...i've got a real good connection at burt toyota if you need anything.
you may even find a front clip or at least the one side from the yota yard.

jim

Red_Chili
09-08-2006, 08:24 AM
PM Irbis (Oleg) or give Alatao Auto a call. He will make it perfect.

sno bored
09-08-2006, 08:53 AM
I think you need to wreck the range rover to make things "even". You may want to check out the YOTA yard in Denver if you don't have a source of toyota parts closer to you. I picked up 2 fenders and a hood from them when I crunched my 4 runner years ago. I'm glad I got a chance to meet you at the ralley, and GO RAIDERS !! Kevin

stinkyfj60
09-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I forgot about Yota Yard. Tomorrow I am going to go pick it up, she doesnt know, I dont want her to hide it from me...

I asked Zoe about it and she said the hood wont open or close, and the right headlight is hanging by the wires, bumber is completely bent and the right fender is crushed. I will find out tomorrow.

I guess the X is blaming it on the 4Runner having a "blindspot" behind the A-pillar:confused: UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

I saw the Pontiac that she hit, holy crap that thing is torn up :eek:

stinkyfj60
09-08-2006, 08:31 PM
GO RAIDERS !! Kevin

OAKLAND BABY :D

Uncle Ben
09-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I forgot about Yota Yard. Tomorrow I am going to go pick it up, she doesnt know, I dont want her to hide it from me...

I asked Zoe about it and she said the hood wont open or close, and the right headlight is hanging by the wires, bumber is completely bent and the right fender is crushed. I will find out tomorrow.

I guess the X is blaming it on the 4Runner having a "blindspot" behind the A-pillar:confused: UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

I saw the Pontiac that she hit, holy crap that thing is torn up :eek:

Good luck with it! :( :Princess:http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/smash.gif

IanB
09-09-2006, 07:21 AM
If you come to the yota yard for parts lets get a beer.

stinkyfj60
09-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Well I just picked it up, not as bad as I feared and yet not as good as I hoped. Left front fender, gone. Hood survived. Lost the left front corner light, bumper is gone. I can repair the drivers side finder easy and both doors are ok.

My biggest scare is that the right front spring hanger is at a slightly different angle than the left front spring hanger. I dont think the frame is bent, I am hoping that just that hanger got whacked. It looks like the Pontiac actually went under the Runner's front end.

And now it has a bunch of rattles on the interior that I dont recognize. And this thing had never been wrecked :frown:

I'll know more when I get the chance to really take a look at it.

PabloCruise
09-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Aw man...

This must be the thread you deleted off MUD?

Hang in there man. Oleg will take good care of it if you want to bring it on up.

Sorry I didn't make the Rally.

stinkyfj60
09-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Aw man...

This must be the thread you deleted off MUD?

Hang in there man. Oleg will take good care of it if you want to bring it on up.

Sorry I didn't make the Rally.

I deleted it off Mud because she knows about Mud and people were telling me to sabotage her Rover. I thought the last thing I need is her to accuse me of that when something really Roverish happens to it...