PDA

View Full Version : '69 FJ55 For Sale

Shark Bait
09-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I know. Don't sell it.... I've got to cut back. My 40 isn't done yet, and I'm not going to get rid of the 80 so, the pig has to go. This is my decision. I'm not being forced to sell. :)

Most of you have seen my pig. It's pretty well set up. Kind of a "sleeper". It's got some "newer" used (Thanks Ian!) 33x12.50x15 BFG M/Ts on it and I rebuilt the front spring I bent in Moab. It drives real nice on the highway. Even goes pretty well up hill. And, of course, it's got a ToyBox. As Webmaster Wes said, "It's not fair, you can both go slower than me AND faster than me." :cool:

I was going to wait till after the TBP run to put this up, but I can't go now. A last minute work issue came up. So I thought I'd put this up for Rising Sun first. It'd at least be nice to keep it in the club. After a week or so I'll post it up to MUD and maybe eBay. :blah:

1969 FJ55 Gray/White
’78 2F Engine, no smog equipment needed
33x12.50x15 BFG M/Ts
Late model FJ55 front & rear axles
H42 transmission, early transfer case, Marlin Crawler ToyBox 4.70:1
AA Twin stick transfer case shifter
Custom front & rear drive shafts
4” suspension lift- 2 ½” front springs, 2 ½” SOR rears, 2” anti-inversion shackles
SOR U-bolt skid plates
Lock Right front & rear automatic lockers
Toyota front disc brakes, GM (TSM kit) rear
Mini-truck brake booster & master (custom fit to firewall)
Late model clutch master
7” speedo cable extension (Marlin Crawler)
Custom stock replacement 7” longer brake cable
FJ60 PS Gear Box, mini-truck pump & remote reservoir
’76 FJ55 front half wiring harness, ’69 FJ55 rear wiring harness
’76 Dash insert (wiper & hazard switches, heater controls, rear window switch, etc.)
’76 FJ55 rubber floor mat
’78 FJ55 interior firewall blanket
’76 FJ55 stock rear heater
’76 FJ55 rear seat
Front & rear seat belts
Dodge Caravan front bucket seats, custom mounted, with arm rests
Custom 2x4 rocker sliders
Custom skid plate
Bolt-on rear receiver hitch
On-board air – FJ60 2f motor mount, 3-groove crank pulley, ND A/C compressor, 5-gal storage tank, front & rear air chucks, manifold, pressure switch

I bought this pig from a (then) fellow Rising Sun club member, Tim Noreen, in 1998(?). It had no title. It had no engine or transmission. I had parted out a few cruisers and had the 2F engine, 4-speed bell housing, transmission & early transfer case. I did the “poor man’s” lift, a la Mike Aaron (a la Mark Whatley), building front & rear 2 ½ lift springs by sacrificing another set of stock springs, taking the long leaf from each, and adding it to another set of stock springs and including a 2” add-a-leaf. When I got it running I also had the gas tank boiled because it had a layer of rust & crud in the bottom. The first Cruise Moab I took it to was sort of scary because of the gearing. Also, I rubbed the back wheel wells pretty bad so I purchased the SOR rear springs. In 2003 I got the ToyBox and took it down to Jim Sanville in Canon City to help with the install. In addition to installing the ToyBox, we did a complete front axle service, including replacing the trunion bearings. We also replaced the side cover gasket and front & rear main seals. While it was down in Canon City I had a body shop work on some of the sheet metal rust. After CM2005 the gas tank sprung a leak and I had it soldered.

What does it need?

I bought a SOR replacement headliner and have not installed it yet. Could use a paint job. I think it needs a new valve cover gasket. Probably a new oil pan gasket, too. Heater valve on the firewall needs replacing. It's currently in the "on" position. The heater controls have never really worked right and I’ve never bothered to fix it. I’ve never hooked up the rear heater switch to the wiring harness. Could definitely use new door rubbers. If I did the headliner I would probably spend the money for a replacement set of rear window rubbers from PV Cruisers. Parking brake needs fixing. The shoes are new, one of the arm pivots popped out.

Spares

I’ve got a spare custom rear driveshaft. One rear cargo glass and rear window glass, rear window motor, window switch & relay wiring harness segment, outside mirrors, radiator and shroud, tail gate door handle/pull. I’ve got a bunch of miscellaneous door opening trim, an extra instrument cluster, one front turn signal, etc. There's also a used head liner with extra bows, a 6th tire not on a rim and a stock front bumper in good condition.

I'd like to get $7500 for it. If you're seriously interested, PM me or email or call.

PabloCruise
09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Wow...

That would be perfect.

Not sure if Leanne would agree!

wesintl
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM
$50, a case of beer and any 40 parts you want in the garage

:D

Rzeppa
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
$51, a case of genuine Shiner, plus a pair of vintage coarse spline axles. I'll even throw in coarse spline side gears to upgrade your diffs to "vintage"!

Uncle Ben
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Geeze....this is so obvious....I'll go.........$55 and toss in whats left of a 85 FJ-60! :hill: :flamingo: :lmao: :cool:

Rzeppa
09-20-2006, 08:18 PM
LOL! $56 plus the case of Shiner plus the vintage axles and side gears! Snipe anyone?

Convert
09-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Since were going there $65, 2 cases of Shriner, Jeff's parts, UB'S Partial truck and all the bolts I've removed from my 80. :lmao: :thumb:

Rzeppa
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
$66 bucks, 2 cases of Shiner, two coarse spline rear axles, vintage side gears plus three 3-speed clutches. And some stripped bolts. Heck I'll even throw in some used u-bolts, complete with rock-rashed nuts. And a Partridge in a pear tree ;-)

timmbuck2
09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
one HUNDRED dollars...

CASH...

AMERICAN...

Uncle Ben
09-20-2006, 11:11 PM
one HUNDRED dollars...

CASH...

AMERICAN...

Holy big spender...Batman! :eek: I can't compete with these executive Enron types! :flamingo:

I was going to up it with two full 7-11 coffee refill cards $69 and several pheasant plumes....guess it's outta my price range now! :o :hill:

Shark Bait
09-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Slow news day, eh? :tongue2: :bored:

wesintl
09-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Not really but I'll go $100 and throw in the crazy chinese migrant worker that petted a panda at the zoo then got bit, then bit the panda yesterday :lmao:

Convert
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Let's get this movin 1000 american green backs

PabloCruise
10-04-2006, 05:06 PM
$1001

Shark Bait
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Hope I'm not jinxing the deal, but I think I've got my pig SOLD. :thumb: It'll be staying in the Denver area. I'm thinking the buyer may come to a RS meeting. :D

Uncle Ben
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Hope I'm not jinxing the deal, but I think I've got my pig SOLD. :thumb: It'll be staying in the Denver area. I'm thinking the buyer may come to a RS meeting. :D

Gee....now I guess we see how you really feel about us! Trader! :rolleyes: :hill: :flop:

Shark Bait
10-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Gee....now I guess we see how you really feel about us! Trader! :rolleyes: :hill: :flop:

You know the saying, "Money talks, bull$#!+ walks!!" Nothing personal. :D