PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone buying a CVT tent during the group buy? Want to combine shipping?

MTSN
03-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Is anyone here planning to buy a CVT roof top tent during this year's group buy going on this month? I am planning to buy one and was wondering if anyone would be interested in combining shipping. They seem to be the best value dollar for dollar and at 30% off it's time for me to pull the trigger.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/122653-2014-CVT-Group-buy!

05rub
03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
I just ordered a Mt. Rainier yesterday. Im having mine shipped to my work in Louisville. Im willing to combine shipping to save even more money.

MTSN
03-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I just ordered a Mt. Rainier yesterday. Im having mine shipped to my work in Louisville. Im willing to combine shipping to save even more money.

Sounds good - I was going to wait for the hardshell versions of the tent, but it looks like they're going WAY up in price now they're being made in the US and won't be ready till late May. I am just trying to decide which model now that the original one I wanted won't be feasible any more.

MTSN
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM

I'm placing an order for the Mt. Shasta. Bobby at CVT said he is definitely willing to work on combining it and will put together a plan and quotes at the end of the group buy. Please post here in anyone else is interested!

cbmontgo
03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
I may be interested. Is it 30% off any tent on their site? I've considered upgrading my old RTT...

MTSN
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
I may be interested. Is it 30% off any tent on their site? I've considered upgrading my old RTT...

Yep that's correct. The 30% discount covers their accessories and the awnings too.

cbmontgo
03-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Yep that's correct. The 30% discount covers their accessories and the awnings too.

How much would it save if we combine shipping?

Also, it looks like he's about to sell a ton of his tents. Think he's got enough inventory to keep up with all of those orders? I'm not a fan of backorders.

MTSN
03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
How much would it save if we combine shipping?

Also, it looks like he's about to sell a ton of his tents. Think he's got enough inventory to keep up with all of those orders? I'm not a fan of backorders.

My guess is it won't save a ton on shipping since they're large, heavy items. Don't quote me but my estimate would probably be savings of around $50-75 to combine with other orders. They did the same group buy last year, so he had an estimate of what to order to fill the inventory. I think the way it works is that he puts in an order for stock on what he thinks he'll need and then adds to it if necessary if the need suggests it. That's why it says they ship in the order received so if you buy early in the group buy I'm guessing yours will be among the first to ship as the inventory becomes available and if you order late and they sell out there could be a delay. Again I'm not the expert whatsoever I've just been trying to follow the info as I interpret it. The owner there has been super accomodating and responsive to everyone so I'm going to take a chance and go for it.

cbmontgo
03-14-2014, 03:09 PM
My guess is it won't save a ton on shipping since they're large, heavy items. Don't quote me but my estimate would probably be savings of around $50-75 to combine with other orders. They did the same group buy last year, so he had an estimate of what to order to fill the inventory. I think the way it works is that he puts in an order for stock on what he thinks he'll need and then adds to it if necessary if the need suggests it. That's why it says they ship in the order received so if you buy early in the group buy I'm guessing yours will be among the first to ship as the inventory becomes available and if you order late and they sell out there could be a delay. Again I'm not the expert whatsoever I've just been trying to follow the info as I interpret it. The owner there has been super accomodating and responsive to everyone so I'm going to take a chance and go for it.

Cool. I'm gonna think about it.

cbmontgo
03-16-2014, 09:39 AM
We would need one more buyer to actually get the 30% off, right?

Caribou Sandstorm
03-16-2014, 10:03 AM
I looked at the CVT website, Looks pretty close or exactly the same as the TJM tents Christo just did a group buy for, but the CVT seemed a lot more expensive.

Am I missing something? Why not just see if Christo, would be willing to place another group buy order for March? No shipping, then just swing over to Golden.

cbmontgo
03-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I looked at the CVT website, Looks pretty close or exactly the same as the TJM tents Christo just did a group buy for, but the CVT seemed a lot more expensive.

Am I missing something? Why not just see if Christo, would be willing to place another group buy order for March? No shipping, then just swing over to Golden.

That is a good point.

MTSN
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM

I haven't seen a group buy for the TJM tents anywhere? :confused: What were the details of that? I looked at the TJM Yulara and it looks very similar to the Mt. Shasta which I was planning to order. I'd prefer to support a local vendor and have local pickup too especially since I already get lots of stuff from Slee, but I wasn't aware. I suppose we can try that route as well all I know is I want a roof top tent!

DanInDenver
03-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I haven't seen a group buy for the TJM tents anywhere? :confused: What were the details of that? I looked at the TJM Yulara and it looks very similar to the Mt. Shasta which I was planning to order. I'd prefer to support a local vendor and have local pickup too especially since I already get lots of stuff from Slee, but I wasn't aware. I suppose we can try that route as well all I know is I want a roof top tent!

The tent group buy was listed in the members only section of the forum.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20917

Fishy
03-16-2014, 12:08 PM
The tent group buy was listed in the members only section of the forum.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20917

One of the very MANY benefits of being a Rising Sun member!
:risingsun

cbmontgo
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
I sent a PM to Christo.

MTSN
03-16-2014, 04:12 PM
One of the very MANY benefits of being a Rising Sun member!
:risingsun

Unfortunately with my job I rarely get done with work before 9pm the first week of every month (closing the books) because I've been wanting to make a meeting forever and join! I'm definitely going to make it to this one though I've already scheduled to leave early for "an appointment" :D

cbmontgo
03-22-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm in. Who else? 05rub? MTSN?

I'd like to pull the trigger today if possible; we will need at least 3 people for the 30% discount?

05rub
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM
The 30% is already reached. He posed the group buy on a few other forums and had tons of buyers so it's at 30% off already. Use the word "spring" for the promo code and it will deduct the 30%.

cbmontgo
03-22-2014, 03:40 PM
The 30% is already reached. He posed the group buy on a few other forums and had tons of buyers so it's at 30% off already. Use the word "spring" for the promo code and it will deduct the 30%.

Cool. I'm going to just buy one and have it shipped to my house. Looking forward to upgrading my tent.