PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hunted in Unit 51?

cbmontgo
03-26-2014, 08:21 AM
I've camped back in there during the summers and have seen lots of elk sign. Thinking about getting a tag for this area. I usually hunt over towards Carbondale, but may try something different this year...

Any thoughts on this area would be appreciated.

Uncle Ben
03-26-2014, 08:33 AM
I've camped back in there during the summers and have seen lots of elk sign. Thinking about getting a tag for this area. I usually hunt over towards Carbondale, but may try something different this year...

Any thoughts on this area would be appreciated.

I would look up statistics for it on CDOW site. I've never hunted that area but I would wager the percentage of orange coats would far out number the amount of harvested animals by a large margin. The statistic tables on CDOW's site are fantastic resource!

cbmontgo
03-26-2014, 08:36 AM
I would look up statistics for it on CDOW site. I've never hunted that area but I would wager the percentage of orange coats would far out number the amount of harvested animals by a large margin. The statistic tables on CDOW's site are fantastic resource!

That is a great point; I could see that being the case. I'll look at the CDOW site...thanks!