PDA

View Full Version : sales people recommendations at stevinson?

smslavin
03-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent salesperson over at Stevinson West? Thinking about running over there today to discuss a trade.

OilHammer
03-27-2014, 09:39 AM
I would wander upstairs to the room we meet in. They have a sales leader board with X's all over it for each salesperson. Pick the guy or gal with the least X's and tell them you want to help them catch guy #1 on the board. :)

Or I suppose the opposite might be true and the leader might be the guy most willing to wheel and deal, but my bet is the loser is the most hungry.

smslavin
03-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Pick the guy or gal with the least X's and tell them you want to help them catch guy #1 on the board. :)

Ha! Good plan. I'll give that a shot. :thumb:

J Kimmel
03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
I would wander upstairs to the room we meet in. They have a sales leader board with X's all over it for each salesperson. Pick the guy or gal with the least X's and tell them you want to help them catch guy #1 on the board. :)

Or I suppose the opposite might be true and the leader might be the guy most willing to wheel and deal, but my bet is the loser is the most hungry.

sales guys at a lot don't get any sort of say on any of the numbers in a car deal ;)

16 years in the business that's one thing I know for sure :)

callahanoffroad
03-27-2014, 03:09 PM
You could always just go straight to the finance people and see what they are willing to do. They get the final yes and no (well i guess the bank does) haha

OilHammer
03-27-2014, 03:56 PM
sales guys at a lot don't get any sort of say on any of the numbers in a car deal ;)

16 years in the business that's one thing I know for sure :)

Really? I just imagined that every sales guy knows that the 2007 100 series on the lot is asking $25k but that they took it on trade at $19. I would have thought he tries to close the deal at 25 plus a warranty before he approaches the sales manager with a "deal". While sales manager for obvious reasons has final say, don't you want the sales person to take an offer back to the manager at $20k and say "we should take this, the guy is about to walk"?

I've never been in the biz, so are you allowed to share insights into the whole process for the group? Like MSRP and dealer invoice are really what? We can all google, I'm just curious from an actual insider. I'm not buying new anytime soon.

J Kimmel
03-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Most salesmen don't have a clue what the store owns a car for, let alone the profit in the deal. Most stores pack the trade number with a profit number that doesn't get touched no matter what, and that's before any sort of reconditioning. Sometimes that's just an oil change and a detail, sometimes you spend 4K on it.

The idea at most stores is to keep the salesmen in the dark, and feed them whats necessary to close a deal and get you moving along to the next step :)

Since I do it for myself, I can answer most questions.