PDA

View Full Version : Getting the interior replaced! fj60

propros
03-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Getting the interior replaced in my 60! Tweed and ultra vinyl with new carpet window scrapers heated seats with lumbar support added all new foam and sun visors! Still being finished but here's a before pic and one of the new seat. Will post another pic once it's completed then it's time for paint and body

MDH33
03-30-2014, 07:14 AM
Looks nice , who did the upholstery ?

propros
03-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Sew fine did it. I've known them for years. I re piped there house and a bunch of other plumbing in exchange for my interior. Can't wait until it's done

SteveH
03-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Sharp looking seats!

Rezarf
03-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Looking good, can't wait to see it done.

aprosise
04-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Have any good left over pieces?

Get Outside
04-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Your new seat looks really nice and the addition of heat and support is a good call but I have a question for you:
Why would you put a nice new fresh interior in your truck then do body and paint?
I've been working in full restoration shops for years and do upholstery and I have seen this over and over!
A client will bring a car for interior and later they decide to paint the bloody thing! There's no amount of masking that will keep the new interior clean and in many cases it just thrashes it!
I hate to see a good looking interior getting all screwed up by building the vehicle backwards!
I know budget and needs play a role in making decisions but keep that in mind. It's gonna be tough!

propros
04-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Just fyi the complete interior of this thing cost about 8k the carpet is not going In until paint is complete. Interior is being fitted right now so I can fit a center Console and set up the stereo system and enjoy it until it's time for paint. All interior will be removed prior to paint because there is some minor rust repair on the left rear wheel well and I found some flaking on the frame in the same area that will be addressed at that time also. I got the Interior done on a trade and that's why it's being done now. By the way the new seats made me sit about 2" higher lol. Nothing but time and money!

propros
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Sorry for taking so long to post new pics. I got my new house and was moving in and I've been slammed at work. Interior is almost done minus the carpet which won't go in until it's been painted. Also decided to go ahead and do my stereo before the carpet. Here's a few more pics.