PDA

View Full Version : New here

Blazerpounds
03-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey guys,
New to 4 wheeling and also to rising sun! I was recommended to stop by here, as it seems to be one of the only local 4x4 sites for Colorado. I'm in Loveland and I've got a 2000 4runner limited lifted on a Sonora steel system 1.2, skid plates, custom sliders and custom front bumper. I
The truck comes out of southern New Mexico, and the po used it for rock crawling almost exclusively, as he had a dd. I bought it on the cheap for a replacement to my b6 s4 that was totaled, and I wanted something to have fun with and not care about a payment or scratching the crap out of it, and have a reliable work vehicle.

Now that introductions are out of the way, I'm real excited to get out on the trails! I've heard a lot of different stories from buddies saying all the trails around are closed from the floods, or this or that, and all kinds of silly stuff. So, where is a decent place local to me and a couple of buddies (one fj80 and another 4runner) to hit some trails and not have to jump through 84 different hoops to get an afternoon of wheeling in?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Rezarf
03-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi Mike-

Welcome! Your friends are right there is a lot of stuff not open right now due to the floods, but bigger than that our wheelin' season hasn't started due to snow in the high country. I typically can start getting out about May/June depending on the trail and snow depth. Most of the front range stuff did get hit pretty hard by the floods.

subzali
03-31-2014, 01:50 PM
For northern CO, check out the Horsetooth Wheelers Group. Lots of good guys and we cross paths every once in a while!
http://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/co-wy-horsetooth-4-wheelers-cruiser-club.82/

Uncle Ben
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Horsetooth Wheelers are a great group! Most of them are also part of www.fortcollinswheelers.com. Also Front Range 4 wheelers also have many of the same members. You cant go wrong with those guys as they are really some great folks who love to wheel and hang out!

Blazerpounds
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Cool I appreciate the positive response fellas. I hope when the season starts heating up I meet some of you and hopefully hit the trails when I'm not banging out 6 and 7 day workweeks.

Inukshuk
03-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome. Pick up a Wells book. https://www.funtreks.com No better place to start.