PDA

View Full Version : I need a volunteer!

callahanoffroad
04-07-2014, 09:05 AM
So, long story short (and saving the sales pitch). I have some really great new L/C suspensions for 40 & 60 series cruisers that are being released this month. But I am looking for someone who would be willing to be an official tester for them so I can perfect the designs, take promotional pictures, and take solid measurements of final lift etc. In return we would install the lift for free at our shop, and sell everything to you at cost. I need one 40-Series and one 60/62 Series.

Details of the lifts are here:
http://www.callahanoffroadandimports.com/re-donk-a-flex/

You can call, email, or pm here. I recommend calling or emailing for faster turn around! :D

720-316-0008
info@callahanoffroadandimports.com

Fishy
04-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Nice offer, I'm sure you'll get a taker. It would be even better if it was a Rising Sun member who could take advantage of this offer!

akingf5371
04-07-2014, 11:01 AM
How much lift do these systems offer?

PabloCruise
04-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Sounds interesting!

My '78 40 is currently in getting some paint. I probably will not be back on the road for another month (this may be optimistic).

If you still need a volunteer then, we can talk.

Good luck!

callahanoffroad
04-07-2014, 01:03 PM
they are completely custom springs, 7-leaf set-ups, 0-4" Lifts. Custom weighting etc. We partnered up with Alcan Spring to build these kits. These kits will be using the Orbit-Eye bushings for an additional 46 degrees flexy-ness. I can't wait to release the commercial, its hilarious. :D

imhighlander
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Count me in when you're ready with an 80-series lift!!

Matt

akingf5371
04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm interested but I'm in the middle of a restoration, will be a bit before I'm ready to slap the lift on there. What is your timeframe?

baileyfj40
04-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I've got both 40 series and a 62.

callahanoffroad
04-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Just talking out loud (sorry i have ADHD)... I was looking to get something done next month-ish, but I am flexible on timing. I know that cruise Moab is coming up and everyone is trying to get finished with their builds before then. It takes 30 days to even make the springs. So lets say I'd like to have all of my people lined up and committed by first week of may.

I would really love to get pictures of lots of different rigs with the lifts on there so... again just thinking out loud... maybe I should extend pricing out to all of RS for the month of April and May and then have a big get-together/camping weekend/wheeling party sometime in June. Thoughts guys?

Matt, after i get the mini-trucks and 4runner leafs in order you better believe that the 80's guys will be next. I actually have a company ready to make springs for that project. But haven't decided on sizing of the lifts. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I don't know if anyone has noticed but I'm actually a pretty nice easy-going guy. :)

kurtnkegger
04-07-2014, 09:48 PM
What would "our" cost be for this deal?

callahanoffroad
04-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I would prefer not to post my costs publicly, but if anyone who is interested called me, emailed me or pm'd me I'd be more than happy to discuss. :)

imhighlander
04-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Matt, after i get the mini-trucks and 4runner leafs in order you better believe that the 80's guys will be next. I actually have a company ready to make springs for that project. But haven't decided on sizing of the lifts. Any input is greatly appreciated!

For me, I'm interested in a solid 3" lift. Enough for good clearance but not so much as to require lots of extra work beyond coils, shocks, steering damper, and caster correction. I've been looking at OME mediums for a point of reference, but would like just a little more height than those. (I don't plan on heavy bumpers, at least for a while.)
:beer:

DenCo40
04-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I am about to pull the plug on a new set of springs. I am at a 4 inch lift currently. My current springs are fairly worn so I have been shopping for a new set up. hmu

OilHammer
04-08-2014, 01:16 PM
I'll jump in as well. My 40 springs are toast and leaning heavily to one side. I was going to go OME but I've been too busy at home/work lately to bother with car projects so I didn't get them ordered. If it matters, I have a 78 with the smaller lift eyes. I run 70 series axles, so the u-bolts are different, but the frame pins and shackles are normal.

callahanoffroad
04-08-2014, 06:57 PM
I will send pm's with pricing to everyone tomorrow! Today was super super busy, it was practically "order everything from Ryan day today!"... not that I'm complaining (I get to eat this month... maybe even beer!!!)

OilHammer, I'll have some specific questions for you since you have an axle swap.

Thanks guys for all the interest! Super exciting!

akingf5371
04-09-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm interested as well, like I said I'm mid-resto but I have a crappy rough-country lift on there now that needs to be removed. Standard 40 stuff under mine but the later model shackles and spring eyes.

callahanoffroad
04-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Just to update everyone, I apologize the delay in getting back. I'm just working out everything on my end. So I have all the info required to go forward.

OilHammer
04-11-2014, 12:45 PM
OilHammer, I'll have some specific questions for you since you have an axle swap.

70 axles aren't that different than a 40. They are about an inch wider overall, but you get the FF rear and the updated knuckle. I moved the rear axle perches in to match a 40 width, but I left the front alone. I probably should have moved the front one's in, but they were only about 1/2" off and that would have been a lot of work since the front axle has 4 u-bolt perches. They look just like an FJ62 if you are familiar with that... So my bolts don't wrap over the top of the axle, but there's an "ear" on top that they wrap over instead.

callahanoffroad
04-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Pm's sent. Lets get this baby rolling.