PDA

View Full Version : Diff Gasket - 60

rover67
04-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Anybody got one I can grab tomorrow? I know, i'm a weirdo... I like to use a gasket.

I'll call the usual suspects tomorrow to see if one is hanging around but figured i'd ping the board and see if somebody had one lying around i could grab.

I am trying to get this thing together and really dislike FIPG/silly-cone for this application. I just broke the one i had sitting on the shelf into like 4 pieces, it was oooold.

MDH33
04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
I have cork and paper/fiber, which one do you need? :thumb:

I can take a pic as well if you want to verify it's what you're looking for and I believe the cork gasket has a part number on it.

MDH33
04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Any luck tracking something down locally?

rover67
04-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Hey Martin, thanks for posting up.. i just ran and grabbed one from Robbie, so I'm good to go :) Looks like it might actually be finished tonight.. jeeze.

:risingsun

subzali
04-15-2014, 03:09 PM
What are you up to Marco?

rover67
04-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm replacing the front axle housing on the 60 with a used one I hope is straight. I'm guessing the old one is bent slightly and still causing the wobble that I've been chasing for several years now. I'm rebuilding the thing in the process and putting new bushings in the springs also. It's getting new rotors, pads, all new bearings, and new calipers as well while I'm there.

I'm also rebuilding the rear diff again... Actually just removing it to give to Robbie to rebuild. The pinion is loose again and it has started to growl. Also going to do the rear spring bushings while in back there. The energy suspension bushings I used everywhere a few years ago are totally munched now. They didn't really last as long as the OME bushings they replaced so it's getting new OME bushings again.

It's also getting new tires Thursday. I'm pretty stoked about that. Going with some regular boring BFF at's this time. Hopefully they'll roll nicer on my trips to the mall to get my Starbucks every morning.

No links or fun stuff like that :(