PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle First Aid Kit

baja1d
04-14-2014, 10:40 PM
About a year or so ago this came up: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18660&highlight=aid+kit. At any rate, I put together a vehicle first aid kit for this upcoming wheeling season. 17 of these sold in the "Member's Only" forum so I thought that I would offer them up to everyone. If there is enough interest, I'll order another batch after Cruise Moab.

Side note: I've been a Firefighter for over 20 years and a Paramedic for the last 13. This kit is a trauma bag with only the essentials. There is plenty of room to add items to further personalize it, if need be, but this should cover the majority of things you may run into.

Here's what's included at this time but I am in negotiations with a few Vendors and hope to provide even more essential supplies:

Vehicle Fist Aid Kit
Dimensions: 12"L x 5"W x 5"H

• Emergency Blanket
• Trauma Shear
• Splinter Forceps
• SAM Splint
• Velcro Tourniquet
• (10) 3/4" Bandage
• (10) 1" Bandage
• (10) Knuckle Bandage
• (10) Extra Large Bandage
• (3) 3" x 3" Gauze
• (6) 4" x 4" Gauze
• 1" Tape Roll
• 3" Roll Gauze
• Triangular Bandage
• 3" Elastic Bandage
• Non-Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)
• Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)
• Tongue depressors (aka: finger splints)
• CPR Pocket mask
• Cold Pack
• Hot Pack
• Eye wash w/ oval & Gauze eye pad
• Burn Free Gel
• Antiseptic Wash
• (4) 3-in-1 Antibiotic Cream
• Glucose 15 Oral Gel Tube
• Latex Free Gloves
• (1) Koban (self adhering wrap)
• Large Abdominal trauma dressing

Cost for the complete package is $125 each. This includes taxes, Paypal fees, and embroidering. Let me know if you're interested.

PAYPAL INSTRUCTIONS:
https://www.paypal.com/us/home
TO: baja1d@msn.com

Bag description:

The L.A. Rescue First Call-In Bag Jr. is constructed of 1000 denier Cordura nylon and feature loaded.

•Available in Red
•Impeccable Quality
•Big Steel YKK Zippers
•Backed by LA Rescue's Lifetime Warranty
•Dimensions: 13"L x 8"W x 7"H

baja1d
04-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Price: TBD (trying to keep it below $150)

Medical prices are constantly changing!

baja1d
04-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Member's that have purchased one or two:

•(1)baja1d

•(1)J. Kimmel

•(1)Squishy

•(1)Axle Ike

•(2)Uncle Ben

•(1)Crash

•(1)FJ Brady

•(1)Large One

•(1)Hulk

•(1)Bruiser

•(1)Natty Bumppo

-(1)Old40dog

-(1) Stubby

-(1) imhighlander

-(1) MountainGoat

-(1) Rzeppa

MDH33
04-15-2014, 07:12 AM
These look great Travis Thanks for putting it together. :thumb:

Do you have some in stock, or are you just taking orders for a later date?

baja1d
04-15-2014, 07:27 AM
These look great Travis Thanks for putting it together. :thumb:

Do you have some in stock, or are you just taking orders for a later date?

Thank you. I'd be for a later date... Mid May. All that I have in stock are "Cruise Moab" kits. I suppose if you didn't care weather it said "Rising Sun" or "Cruise Moab" then, yes, I have a few. Same price

MDH33
04-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Thank you. I'd be for a later date... Mid May. All that I have in stock are "Cruise Moab" kits. I suppose if you didn't care weather it said "Rising Sun" or "Cruise Moab" then, yes, I have a few. Same price

will you be selling those at vendor night at CM? If so, I'll just pay you cash when I see you there.

Squishy!
04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
So I just picked mine up and I have have to say the only thing it's missing is a de-fib. Maybe the ambulance.

HOLY COW THESE ROCK! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Thanks Travis for putting in all the hard work for these. If you make it to a meeting beer is on me. :hill:

imhighlander
04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
So I just picked mine up and I have have to say the only thing it's missing is a de-fib. Maybe the ambulance.

HOLY COW THESE ROCK! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Thanks Travis for putting in all the hard work for these. If you make it to a meeting beer is on me. :hill:

You're the ambulance, boss.

imhighlander
04-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey Travis. I'm not attending Moab. When should I try and connect to pick mine up?

Squishy!
04-16-2014, 03:41 PM
You're the ambulance, boss.

Your mom's an ambulance. Guy. :hill:

AxleIke
04-16-2014, 06:04 PM
I am very impressed with mine as well.

baja1d
04-17-2014, 05:30 PM
I was asked about snake bite kits the other day so I thought I'd post me responce:

Snake bite kits are urban legion & they don't work. Your best bet it to use the tourniquet as a constricting ban (not tourniquet) to slow the spread of the venom, the old "cut & suck" doesn't work either. Actually, technically it does.... Now two people need anti-venom!

baja1d
04-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Attached is the master inventory for anyone that would like to print it off and stick it in the kit.

baja1d
05-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Just thought I'd refresh this. Hoping to put together another order soon...

MDH33
05-16-2014, 06:30 PM
By the time I arrived to cruise Moab this year you were already sold out. Count me in for 1 in the next order.

:thumb:

bh4rnnr
05-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Would love to pick on up as well. Keep us posted:thumb:.

baja1d
05-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Would love to pick on up as well. Keep us posted:thumb:.

Will do

baja1d
06-15-2014, 10:04 AM
About a year or so ago this came up: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18660&highlight=aid+kit. At any rate, I put together a vehicle first aid kit for this upcoming wheeling season. 17 of these sold in the "Member's Only" forum so I thought that I would offer them up to everyone. If there is enough interest, I'll order another batch after Cruise Moab.

Side note: I've been a Firefighter for over 20 years and a Paramedic for the last 13. This kit is a trauma bag with only the essentials. There is plenty of room to add items to further personalize it, if need be, but this should cover the majority of things you may run into.

Here's what's included at this time but I am in negotiations with a few Vendors and hope to provide even more essential supplies:

Vehicle Fist Aid Kit

Dimensions: 12"L x 5"W x 5"H

• Emergency Blanket

• Trauma Shear

• Splinter Forceps

• SAM Splint

• Velcro Tourniquet

• (10) 3/4" Bandage

• (10) 1" Bandage

• (10) Knuckle Bandage

• (10) Extra Large Bandage

• (3) 3" x 3" Gauze

• (6) 4" x 4" Gauze

• 1" Tape Roll

• 3" Roll Gauze

• Triangular Bandage

• 3" Elastic Bandage

• Non-Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)

• Aspirin Tablets (2 pkg)

• Tongue depressors (aka: finger splints)

• CPR Pocket mask

• Cold Pack

• Hot Pack

• Eye wash w/ oval & Gauze eye pad

• Burn Free Gel

• Antiseptic Wash

• (4) 3-in-1 Antibiotic Cream

• Glucose 15 Oral Gel Tube

• Latex Free Gloves

• (1) Koban (self adhering wrap)

• Large Abdominal trauma dressing

Cost for the complete package is $125 each. This includes taxes, Paypal fees, and embroidering. Let me know if you're interested.

PAYPAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Bag description:

The L.A. Rescue First Call-In Bag Jr. is constructed of 1000 denier Cordura nylon and feature loaded.

•Available in Red

•Impeccable Quality

•Big Steel YKK Zippers

•Backed by LA Rescue's Lifetime Warranty

•Dimensions: 13"L x 8"W x 7"H

Alright guys... I'm prepared to take orders and receive payments. My expected turn around time is about 4-6 weeks once I've received the 30th order via PayPal. (To keep cost down I have to order all the supplies in 30 kit quantities). Unfortunately prices have jumped up to $125 since Cruise Moab but I will offer these kits one more time to Rising Sun Members for $95 each. This includes embroidering, PayPal fees, & taxes. Shipping, if needed, is $10/kit.

LARGEONE
06-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Luckily Tim Nakari...our well prepared club commander had a first aid kit today! I tripped and took a stick into the meat of my thumb. I'm actually sitting in the ER waiting to get stitches as I type this. With Tim's first aid, we were able to complete Spring Creek and not completely ruin the day! I need to put a priority on pickingt kit from you and getting it into the truck!

baja1d
06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Ah man that sucks. Glad to hear that you finished the run though.

Shotshell
06-15-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd like to get one. I'd have to pay you cash though, if that's ok. If it's not, let me know.

baja1d
06-15-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd like to get one. I'd have to pay you cash though, if that's ok. If it's not, let me know.

That'll work

baja1d
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks Travis, just 29 more to go

MTSN
06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm definitely in, and if you have any in stock now even without the embroidery I would take one!

baja1d
06-16-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm definitely in, and if you have any in stock now even without the embroidery I would take one!

None in stock. As soon as I get 29 more people to PayPal, check, cash, etc. me I'll send in the order.

MTSN
06-16-2014, 10:14 PM
None in stock. As soon as I get 29 more people to PayPal, check, cash, etc. me I'll send in the order.

Just curious what happens if I submit my payment now and we don't get up to 29 or if it takes a few months...I'm doing stuff outdoors every weekend now that I would like to have a good kit for, so if it takes a few months to come in then I probably wouldn't want to go that route. Not trying to be difficult just wondering! You know I want one I pm'd you about a month ago asking to buy one :D

baja1d
06-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Just curious what happens if I submit my payment now and we don't get up to 29 or if it takes a few months...I'm doing stuff outdoors every weekend now that I would like to have a good kit for, so if it takes a few months to come in then I probably wouldn't want to go that route. Not trying to be difficult just wondering! You know I want one I pm'd you about a month ago asking to buy one :D

I hear yeah. Currently, I'm in negotiations with a few companies/suppliers. My goal is to be able to have a two week turn around without the 30 kit "minimum" order. Hopefully I'll have an answer in the next few weeks. Until then, this is the only way I could get the ball rolling.

MTSN
06-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I hear you - that's a pretty quick turnaround time. Alright people let's get moving on this thing :D

baja1d
06-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Looks like we may have 4 spoken for... Thanks for all the PM's

baja1d
06-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the orders, keep them coming. Looks like I'll be placing a supply order sometime this next week. Expected delievery would be middle of July.

Shotshell
06-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the orders, keep them coming. Looks like I'll be placing a supply order sometime this next week. Expected delievery would be middle of July.

Very cool!:thumb:

baja1d
08-13-2014, 06:27 PM
So life got really busy and very hectic mid July. At any rate, just got a sample from a new medical supplier today & things are looking very promising. I apologize to those of you who have placed orders... It shouldn't be too much longer. Anyone else that has been on the fence; here's your chance:

Cost for the complete package is $125 each. This includes taxes and Paypal fees. Let me know if you're interested.

PAYPAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Uncle Ben
08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Travis, my wife stole one of my first aid kids and keeps it in the wifemobile. Looks like I will need another one. :rolleyes: :bowdown::Princess:

baja1d
08-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Travis, my wife stole one of my first aid kids and keeps it in the wifemobile. Looks like I will need another one. :rolleyes: :bowdown::Princess:

No problem

Uncle Ben
08-14-2014, 07:37 AM
No problem

Dun

baja1d
08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Got it, you da man!

baja1d
08-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Supplies are enroute... Just have to get some embroidering done & they'll be good to go

baja1d
09-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Just in case anyone missed it the first time, I'll have kits ready for pickup or shipping next week.

baja1d
09-16-2014, 01:56 AM
It's official...This is happening! Website is up. It's still a work in progress but at least we're headed in the right direction! http://www.outerlimitsupply.com/. More pages and supplies coming soon!

Shotshell
09-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Very cool! I like the website.

I can't wait to get a kit in my truck. :thumb: