PDA

View Full Version : Bell Helmets - MTB park contest.

Corbet
04-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Durango is a finalist for a $100,000 grant of sorts from Bell Helmets. Please take the time to submit your vote and help this become a reality for Durango. Voting ends 5/4/14. Thanks

http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt/

coax
04-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Voted! On the topic of helmets I really want one of these when it comes out :

http://www.met-helmets.com/index.php/index.php/mtb/13-products/mtb/87-mtb-parachute

Corbet
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I like to look of that helmet.

smslavin
04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
as someone who spends an inordinate amount of time at valmont, this is a great idea. having lift-served downhill runs in town would be super awesome even though purgatory is just up the road. i'd be incredibly stoked to have access to lift-served that close to home.

confused on what she wants to do with the 100k though. just build a pump track? hopefully, they'll use it for more than that.

Corbet
04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
DMR (Purgatory) does not really embrace the MTB by the way.

Trails 2000 apparently decided that a Pump Track is the missing link to our current trail system. We have miles of single track. A town BMX track. Town skate/bike park etc... So I guess this is logical.

Chapman is commonly used by our local youth cycling program "Devo". I think they have the most to gain from this if we were to win the grant.

Where ever they want to spend the money I'd rather see it here than the other 3 locations as well its here;)

smslavin
04-24-2014, 07:54 AM
DMR (Purgatory) does not really embrace the MTB by the way.

Trails 2000 apparently decided that a Pump Track is the missing link to our current trail system. We have miles of single track. A town BMX track. Town skate/bike park etc... So I guess this is logical.

Chapman is commonly used by our local youth cycling program "Devo". I think they have the most to gain from this if we were to win the grant.

Where ever they want to spend the money I'd rather see it here than the other 3 locations as well its here;)

Didn't realize that about Purgatory. I'll be down there in July for a long weekend of riding and bringing both bikes.

I voted yesterday so I hope this works out for you guys.

euroford
04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
so.... i realize it may be a tough crowd around here to encourage ya'll to pick illinois over colorado.... but seriously folks, those guys need all the help they can get! we are pretty fortunate here in the rockies, we get some of the best bike trails in the world, and a TON of local support, without really working all that hard for it.

i used to be a board member back in chicago, we have a TON of supportive riders and generally stoked people, but they are starting out with very little terrain wise, in a much more adverse climate, the love and money per foot of trail they have to invest out there is astronomically higher, if you could take that into account and swing them a vote, it would be much appreciated!

just for fun, this is what i did when i lived out there: thegardenjumps.com

Hulk
04-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Done.

smslavin
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
so.... i realize it may be a tough crowd around here to encourage ya'll to pick illinois over colorado....

:thumb:

as i was born in chicago and went to college in indianapolis, i voted for all three. :beer:

imhighlander
04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Did my part. :beer: