PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Moab (spring storm coming)

Fishy
04-24-2014, 06:42 AM
For those of us heading out of town over the next few days; it looks like some heavy weather coming along the I-70 corridor through the high country. The weather warnings are the same for the western slope and into Utah. Heavy snow, wind and rain through Monday. Be careful if you're hauling heavy gear or a trailer and be prepared.

Here's the report:

Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys
Special Weather Statement in effect

WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION AND STRONG WINDS THIS WEEKEND

A STRONG LATE SEASON WINTRY STORM WILL BRING STRONG WINDS AND WIDESPREAD SHOWERS TO THE REGION THIS WEEKEND. SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL BECOME GUSTY FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY. MOISTURE INCREASES OVER THE FORECAST AREA FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. COLDER UNSETTLED AIR ON SATURDAY BRINGS INCREASING SHOWERS WITH LATE-DAY THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS. SNOW LEVELS PLUMMET SATURDAY EVENING WHEN A STRONG COLD FRONT SWEEPS THROUGH THE REGION. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH ACCUMULATION INTO THE HIGHER VALLEYS. SNOW SHOWERS MAY LINGER IN THE COLORADO MOUNTAINS AND HIGH VALLEYS INTO MONDAY. TRAVEL THIS WEEKEND MAY BECOME DIFFICULT THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS AND POSSIBLY EVEN HIGHER VALLEY LOCATIONS DUE TO ACCUMULATING SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

rhyary
04-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Damn, trying to cross over today Friday after 5PM

subzali
04-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Someone must be trying to drive an FJ40 over the mountains to CM without a top on. The cruiser gods are displeased.

rhyary
04-25-2014, 01:25 PM
If you see me,
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/na5a3avy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crash
04-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Someone must be trying to drive an FJ40 over the mountains to CM without a top on. The cruiser gods are displeased.

I believe that would be Sascha on Monday. I was going to convoy to Moab with him in our 40 but not with weather and sand on the mountain roads. :mad:

MDH33
04-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Damn, trying to cross over today Friday after 5PM

You should be ok, not supposed to get bad until Saturday I'd guess.