PDA

View Full Version : 68J/Gross Reservoir

Keith
05-19-2014, 10:45 PM
In case anyone was wondering... This is what 68J looks like from the West side.

This pic was taken here:

I'm told this side is more passable than the East side. I didn't venture any further than this.

In other news, 68 and 359 coming in from Magnolia Road is passable and easy going. Saw quite a few Subarus who had made the trek in. The roads that take you to the campsites down by the reservoir are still gated... Possibly because of road damage, though I walked those roads and they looked doable in anything with a little more ground clearance than a Subaru Outback.

60wag
05-20-2014, 09:36 AM
The east end has a much deeper erosion rut in it. While the road isn't officially closed, it likely won't take too many more stuck trucks and stuck truck owners bothering the land owners to call tow trucks for the county or forest service to decide to close the gate.

If you can't easily negotiate the road in its current condition, please stay off of it. The road is definitely not suitable for close to stock vehicles - especially long wheel base trucks.

suprarx7nut
06-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh wow. This is really helpful to see. I tried 68J from the east in February and they had a shady, homemade "Road Closed" sharpie on cardboard sign up. I parked and walked up to see what the closure was for and if it was even real, but never got to that point.

Definitely not a stock friendly section there.