PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers in our midst?

imhighlander
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Good morning, all.

Are there any skilled plumbers among the RS brethren? I have a couple of small gas line plumbing projects I need to get done and need expertise beyond my capability. To the extent I can do biz with someone in the RS community, all the better. Here's what I want to accomplish:

Move dryer from house to garage, tie in to gas line in nearby utility closet;
Plumb gas starter lines to two fireplaces (shared chimney) so I can run gas logs. Fortunately the chimney is close to the gas meter.

If you're a plumber, or if you aren't but have a lot of experience and mad plumbing skills, please PM me. Glad to pay cash for services and will throw in bonus beer (when job complete, of course) :)

kurtnkegger
06-12-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm no plumber, but the gas lines at my place are black pipe. Just fit and screw for your project. The Ace Hardware by my place will cut, and thread pieces for the exact fit.

imhighlander
06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm no stranger to plumbing and am not so much concerned about solid connections; I'm much more concerned about making sure I don't have too many lines coming off another line, resulting in pressure that's too low. The place where the dryer is going is near the same line that feeds the hot water tank and the boiler unit (and I think the oven, too). From the manuals I've read you can only have so many appliances pushing only so many BTUs before you're not getting enough pressure and volume to feed the appliances.

LARGEONE
06-12-2014, 07:22 PM
This is true. I have a homemade manometer you are welcome to use to see how many inches of water column you have. Some appliances starve easier than others.

Squishy!
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
You should really be running 1" supply from your meter for that many appliances. What's your sizing currently?

propros
06-13-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm a plumber for a living. I'm in aurora. Be careful with gas lines lol! If your close then I'm willing to help. It's not about pressure at all its about volume. Pm me if you want some help