PDA

View Full Version : Summit County Camping and Trail Exploration This Weekend

rckhound
06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Planning on going out saturday after some music at the Frisco bbq and heading into the hills to see whats dry and do some over night camping with some wheeling on Sunday. Would recomend. 33's if you would like to join. We can plan on meeting in Frisco. Aprosise(adam) will be headed up also. Bring warm cloths and a rain jacket.

jps8460
06-13-2014, 04:27 PM
What time thinking about heading up on Sunday.

rckhound
06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Break camp and roll. Probably camp around middle fork or back in goldrun because I know there will be camping. I think they are opening a lot of stuff up this weekend. Just found out about a whole new area to explore with some cool mining stuff off tiger road before you get back to the usualy spots like middle and south fork. Figure we will just spend the day putting around and see what we can get into. Give me a call later. Frisco BBQ is going on also so there is also really good music this weekend. Rebirth and Bonerama will be playing tomorrow and are both amazing.

rckhound
06-13-2014, 05:25 PM
We will be rolling on channel 4 with our cb's unless there is to much chatter which then we will move to channel 6. Think Phil is going to wheel his 80 also. I am taking the 40.

imhighlander
06-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Looking forward to a trail report. There are a lot of trails up around Montezuma I've been wanting to hit. Can't make this weekend, though.

Please post some photos!

Burt88
06-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Been wheeling around the Glenwood area lately. Still snow at about 10,000 ft. Wish I could join ya but I was out sick today from work and hafta catch up tomorrow. Have fun.