PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity's

bh4rnnr
07-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Bummed.

So just a little over a week ago, right before the 4th weekend, and right before heading to Steamboat with the Dork Squad, I got a call from Greg, inviting me to come along for the Central American portion of Expeditions Seven (www.Expeditions7.com). Needless to say, I canceled going to Steamboat, figuring saving money would be a good thing (I don't think the Dork Squad friends are to happy with me right now for not going), The next week I set about getting the ok's from the bosses and figuring logistics for the trip, like when and where's. I couldn't miss a friends Bach party so that made the only available dates later in August. To works credit, they tried really hard to make it possible for me to go, moving deadlines, bringing other people in, but in the end, I just couldn't get away from this big job for the Colorado School of Mines, due September. So, sadly, Friday afternoon I made the call, letting the E7 team know that due to bad timing (nobody's fault, just bad timing), I would not be bale to make this stage. I was bummed, really bummed. Since leaving Fairbanks two years ago, have been hoping for a chance to hang with the team again. Went home that night not wanting to talk with anybody, bummed. Just enjoyed a few pints of Big Choice beer at the Paramount.

Though it sucks to not be going, the bigger picture, I'm flattered to have been invited.

So thanks to some great friends for thinking of me. Cheers to you Jeremiah Proffitt, Kurt Williams and Greg Miller.:beer:

Guess it's time to get back to Outlaws planning...

Inukshuk
07-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear. Often the hard choice is the responsible one. I'm known / not known for those. :eek:

BritKLR
07-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Those are the scares that make you who you are....and make great stories.

Next time!

MDH33
07-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Wow Perry, That's a drag.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum, however. I would quit a job for an opportunity like that. Life is too short to pass up great opportunities for a measly paycheck. :guapo:

Not trying to antagonize, just trying to share my perspective. ;)

cruiseroutfit
07-14-2014, 06:16 PM
You will be missed Perry!

Are you going to be able to come out to CruiserFest?

bh4rnnr
07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys!

Paul, get what your sayin'. Guess I just have to get through the bummed interim.

Martin, Just not me. Bills need to be paid.

Thanks Kurt. Hopeful for Cruiserfest:). Need to chat with you about the weekend.

Hulk
07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
That's too bad, Perry. I know this story myself. A few years ago, I canceled a trip because I was going to be working on a TV shoot, which I didn't want to miss. A week before the TV shoot, we had to reschedule. It was too late to take the trip I had canceled. I had a ****ty week of meetings: no TV shoot, no cool trip. Still regret it.

DaveInDenver
07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I missed stuff in my 20s and 30s chasing whatever it was, a degree, career. I'm with Martin, jobs come and go but things like this may never happen again.

Horace, Ode 1.11 (http://latinintranslation.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/horace-odes-1-11/)

Tu ne quaesieris - scire nefas - quem mihi, quem tibi
finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios
temptaris numeros. Ut melius quicquid erit pati,
seu pluris hiemes, seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam,
quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare
Tyrrhenum. Sapias, vina liques, et spatio brevi
spem longam reseces. Dum loquimur, fugerit invida
aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.