View Full Version : 2014 Rising Sun Rally Sat Aug 23rd
07-30-2014, 08:37 PM
The (9th I think?) annual Rising Sun Rally (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=12) will be nominally the same bat-time and bat-channel as the last several years - The Saturday before Labor Day weekend at Jefferson County Stadium (http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/schools/map/school_map.html?name=Jeffco%20Stadium&addr=500%20Kipling%20St,%20Lakewood,%20CO%2080226) parking lot at 6th and Kipling in Lakewood Colorado from 10-3.
This is a TLCA Rally (http://tlca.org/tlca/bylaws-sops.shtml#sop) event, which is a swap meet and show and shine. We'll have Toyota 4x4 vendors as well as Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts from all over the region.
Admission is $5 per vehicle, and this family friendly event always has rigs to drool over, parts galore and lots of friendly Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts. As a Rally event, you don't have to be a TLCA member to attend.
We traditionally have guided trail runs the Sunday after the event, and I will be leading Bill Moore Lake trail a trail any stocker can do. We typically will have at least one or more other trails that day too, often more difficult ones.
Download a printable flier here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Rzeppa/RSrally2014color.pdf).
08-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Jeff, count me in to help with takedown/clean up on 8/23.
nick in nebraska
08-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I will miss it again this year.:( But I will be out on the trail ! :) Heading out to where the Ultimate Adventure group started there run this year. I will be breaking in the new paint hopefully not scratching it. Ha
08-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Below are some documents in case anyone needs a copy. The first two are our TLCA insurance certificates, and the third one is the contract for Jeffco Stadium.
08-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Here are the volunteer tasks that we need filled at the event:
(1) Mike Koons can get the trailer down to the stadium, but it will be before the event starts and the gate may not be unlocked yet, so we need to get the trailer inside the facility.
(2) We need 4-6 people to help with setup starting at around 9AM, before the event starts at 10. Specifically, we need to set up the canopies, tables and chairs, put up banners (including at the entrance on Kipling), put out trash barrels, and arrange any merchandise we have.
(3) We need 3-4 people to take admissions and sell merchandise throughout the event. Ideally we will have shifts so people can have a chance to wander around and enjoy the event themselves.
(4) We need 4-6 people to tear down and pack up after the event is over, load up the trailer, collect the trash, stow the banners and merchandise, tables and chairs, and pack up the canopies. I will take 2 of the canopies, i borrow each year for the Kittredge Canyonfest.
(5) We need to get the trailer back up to Mike's place or at least take it to a safe storage spot until he can pick it up. He can't be there because he's been working on Saturdays.
Obviously I will be there the whole time and will be working all these jobs except for hauling the trailer.
08-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Barring any last minute work trips, I should be able to help with setup.
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Barring some last minute issue I should be able to help with 2 3 and 4
08-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I can help with 2 and 3.
08-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I might be able to help with #2, #4 should be no issue.
08-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I can help with #3 morning I'll be leaving sometime between noon and 1:00.
08-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I can help with #1, assuming I can pull it with the ball hitch on the 80. As mentioned, I can also help with #2 and #4. Maybe able to help with #5 if no one else can do it, with the proviso my 80 can haul it.
08-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Cross posted here for the Northern CO crowd: http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2014-rising-sun-rally-sat-august-23rd.814939/
Big Cruiser Guy
08-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi. New guy here, just moved back here from Nevada (Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada). Land Cruiser owner for 20+ years-- all with the same Cruiser.
Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. You can't miss me, I'm the guy with the yellow frame.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.