PDA

View Full Version : More down under Cruiser stuff

Uncle Ben
09-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Man....this is a tease! I am considering playing the import thing as I love the 45...check this out! Any RS'ers that wanna get serious ping me and I'll hook you up. Many of you will remember my buddy Josh....very good guy! I hope this doesn't get anybody into marital issues.....

G'day guys,

I just thought Id send off a few Cruisers I saw for sale today. The two 40 series are old enough to be registered in the US and imported without too many hasles, and the FJ62 (5 speed, air con, etc) would mostly be a parts car, as it is an '86, and thus would not be registerable.

The white FJ45 is a 74. It has a 327 V8 Chev, 4 speed, power steer and a massive petrol tank with a second gas tank. It runs on gas or petrol, but he only runs it on gas- so the engine ought to be really clean. The fitting for filling the gas is different here than in the US, but it would be easy to adapt it so that it could be filled from a home gas line. It has some nice toys. He is asking au$9000 for it.

Just thought Id show you guys what was out there. If you notice the vent windows (or quarter windows, or wing windows- your pick) on both the HJ45 and the FJ62: I can get those fairly redily at junk yards, and they bolt right into US spec doors. I hope everyone is well. Spring is here down under, and Emma and I are going camping in the Flinders Ranges this weekend.

Cheers,
Josh

Shark Bait
09-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Nice. :thumb: I'd love an FJ45 pickup.

Maddmatt
09-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Man, I love em all. That diesel comes out to just over $3kUS at today's exchange rate. dream dream dream....

MDH33
09-20-2006, 08:14 AM
:eek: Wow!

I think I'm going to start planning a vacation to OZ. I could fly in, buy a 45, drive around the continent a bit, put it on a ship and send it back to the US before I leave... I wonder what shipping and fees would cost?

Rzeppa
09-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Josh sent me that email too. Notice that the bed of the 45 is either non-stock, or something I've never seen anywhere on a 45 before. I love those non-USA ambulance doors and FF rear on that 62.

farnhamstj
09-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Can someone direct me to the faq for importing any of those vehicals? My wife and I frequent New Zealand and have thought about bringing home something.

treerootCO
09-27-2006, 06:25 PM
there is an "everything I learned about importing" thread on Mud somewhere.

Rzeppa
09-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Can someone direct me to the faq for importing any of those vehicals? My wife and I frequent New Zealand and have thought about bringing home something.Having been through it twice (once successfully) I have learned more first hand than I've ever read - anywhere. PM me or take it to the member's section...