View Full Version : what goes in this hole?

09-20-2006, 09:59 PM
You guys did so well on the heater, this one should be easy! :thumb:

09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Mine reads "Ejection Seat" never pulled it though, maybe the next time I give IanB a ride :lmao:

Seriously, mine just has a factory cover on it.

Rezarf <><

09-20-2006, 10:26 PM
This goes in that hole.

Don't know what it does though.....

09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
nothing :D

1977 would have had a rubber plug deal in there. I'll see if I can find what the factory intended for that hole....

09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
i got nothing... if I had to guess, it is a carry over from the earlier models.

09-20-2006, 10:45 PM
cool info! Man the education never ends... :risingsun:

09-20-2006, 10:55 PM
headlight fluid?

09-21-2006, 12:55 AM
My 1981 vintage has the same hole. I always thought some light was supposed to go in there.

09-21-2006, 02:06 AM
A rubber gromet is suppose to cover the whole. Never had one

Uncle Ben
09-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Put a valve stem in it.....great conversation starter! :lmao:

09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
My 78 had a large headphone jack there that was conected to the 8-track player.

10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
That hole was used for the 'Fan Rear' switch only seen on earlier models- mid '74 or something like that. The 'Fan Rear' switch was used in that spot, and the 'Fan Front' switch went where the usual 'Fan' switch goes now.

My '78 had a plug in that hole.


12-12-2006, 07:48 PM
i got nothing... if I had to guess, it is a carry over from the earlier models.Correct. That's for the dome light switch. My kids call it for the "dope scope" :-)