PDA

View Full Version : Paint

MDH33
09-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I picked up a set of doors at the Rising Sun Rally and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for someplace that I can take them to be repainted to match the stock paint on my 40 that's not too far from Denver. I don't want to resort to rattle cans if possible. My only requests are that the color be close to the faded paint that's on it and the price to be reasonable. My 40 is rough and I'm Cheap! :D

If anyone has paint gear and needs some practice, that would be fine too.

Thanks!

nuclearlemon
09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
oleg

Three Wheel Ben
09-21-2006, 09:55 PM
oleg

I'll 2nd oleg

Rezarf
09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Sherwin Williams will custom match your paint and they can cram their good stuff into an spray can. I know it is what you were trying to aviod but this is a good high solids paint that is exact to the color your rig has faded.

With great prep, you will get great results for about 10 bucks a can.

Just my .02

Rezarf <><

MDH33
09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the leads. I'm going to contact Oleg to see if he's interested and get a quote. If it's too $expensive$ I'll go the custom mixed rattle-can route.

Thanks again. :thumb:

Uncle Ben
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the leads. I'm going to contact Oleg to see if he's interested and get a quote. If it's too $expensive$ I'll go the custom mixed rattle-can route.

Thanks again. :thumb:

Napa and others that sell paint and supplies can also put the mixed paint in spray cans. My suggestion is get an inexpensive HVLP gun and shoot them yourself! Painting is not hard...prep work is the toughest part of it!

Rezarf
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I have an HVLP gun if you want to borrow it... if I can get it back from the last guy that borrowed it.

Drew