PDA

View Full Version : 40s with working turn signals...

subzali
09-29-2006, 12:45 PM
...from the mid-70s. Is anybody going to be bringing theirs to the meeting? If so would anybody mind if I plug my questionable flasher unit into your harness to see if the turn signals still work? If they don't I know where my problem lies...if they do then well...I'll have to look elsewhere. I know '76 and '77 models have the same flasher unit; not sure about other models before/after.

At some point later on I might have to check the hazard flasher too since that's never worked. TIA.:thumb:

MDH33
09-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm planning on attending a meeting for the first time this month. I'll bring my 40. I recently put in a Toyota flasher that Cdan from MUD got me. He said the originals are no longer available but that this new Toyota flasher works on all 40's from 70 - 84. I also have an extra aftermarket flasher you can try.

My original problem with my turn signals was due to the incompatability of the aftermarket part.

Rezarf
09-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Matt-

I will be there, but you can't jinx my signals now that they are finally working, but you can swipe the flasher if it will help you out bro.

Rezarf <><

subzali
09-29-2006, 03:15 PM
As long as the Cruiser gods know that I'm out to diagnose and not out to jinx then all will be good...:D