PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse Gulch FSR 101 and 105

jps8460
03-14-2015, 10:05 PM
A friend of mine and me wheeled slaughterhouse gulch today (near pine junction).

As we entered we ran into 8 or so other yotas on their way out. Looked like a fun group!

We ran it counterclockwise and the first long downhill was super sketchy. It was pure ice on the way down. We took our time and remained super cautious. The decent into the valley took about an hour.

There were some incredibly impatient side by sides that yelled at us to go faster (there was absolutely no way to pull off or let them around), so they decided to go through the woods unfortunately. That said, there were also side by siders that were courteous and stayed the trail.

The main steep section leading out of the trail was completely melted off and fun.

There was a steep section a ways up from there that I had to winch up due to incredibly slick conditions.

On the final stretch we ran into a few trucks that were pretty stuck. We offered a hand, but it appeared the had it under control. So, we waited for them to get backed out and had some snacks and coffee. We only waited for about 20min.

A good time for sure, minus the jagaloons on the side by sides.

If you're headed out anytime soon, I would recommend chains and running it clockwise. The first downhill going CCW has a lot of real pucker factor. Total, the trail took us about 4.5hrs from trail head in to trail head out.

TheHoneyBadger
03-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Cool. Looks like fun.:thumb:

YYOODDAA
03-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Very nice.