PDA

View Full Version : Beatdown is getting a small facelift....finally

BeatDown84FJ60
10-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Well between preparing to move (silverthorne/dillon) and working (finally) I haven't had a whole lot of time to post up here but for good reason. I am finally moving forward on this project. It took me a while to get it running better than it was although it's still nowhere near perfect, but as long as it moves on it's own power, I'm gonna spend time fixing a few safety issues. Today I recieved my Ironman 2 inch lift rear springs which I ordered of E-bay and just looking at them I am impressed, beefcake. I have other misc. parts on the way as well as I ordered wheels and tires last week at Big o and got a bangin' deal. 83 bucks a piece for custom wheels and 32-11.5 r 15 muds for $405, so I don't think I did too bad. My rear springs are both shot, one is broken BAD so good timing. Front lift? I'm poor as sin and was thinking about an add-a-leaf from MAF (long add-a-leaf) but I have had a hard time nailing down whether or not they SHOULD go in the front. I can't afford a set of leafs for the front so I'm looking for function and lower cost. I also have a set of rear springs off an 80 toy pickup that have good arch to them so I was thinking about taking two of the main leafs from each pack and putting them in the front of the cruiser, but I'm not sure if they are wide enough, I should measure. I got a stereo into this bad boy as well, 3 10" subs, and 4 6x9's running off a large amp, which helps when your truck is as slow as mine lol. I'll have pics up here as soon as I get a little more work done. Enough blabbing, I'm just excited.