subzali
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Anybody else notice?:D

Nick F.
10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
yea, it took me 3 hours to get home to conifer. It sucked:rant:

treerootCO
10-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I did ok driving to work tonight. If you don't signal, the Californians won't try to cut you off before you can change lanes;)

subzali
10-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Hopefully Murdoch's will have my chain tool soon so I can fix my chains :rant: And then we'll go wheelin' :D

treerootCO
10-18-2006, 01:11 AM
I have extra chain tool thingies I think.....do yo need the allen wrench looking thing?

subzali
10-18-2006, 02:13 PM
No I need the thing that looks like a big bolt cutter...for expanding and compressing the links, so we don't have to crawl under there with a pliers and screwdriver like last winter...remember? :D

MDH33
10-18-2006, 02:22 PM
I picked up a set of these last season:

No tools required.

http://www.tirechain.com/images/diamond5.jpghttp://www.tirechain.com/images/cardiamond07.jpg

Maybe I'll get to try them out on the Spooky Night Run. :thumb:

Nemo
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Speaking of snow. I want to sort of hijack the thread. For those with snorkels, do you turn them around backwards in snowy weather or continue to run normal. I noticed a buildup of snow on the intake which on a long enough drive I would imagine it getting completely covered up.

subzali
10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Don't know about the snorkel, but I made my chains out of broken trucker chains and one of the cross-links broke, so to fix it I can either blood sweat and ignorance-it or I can get the tool that makes it easy :) Installation requires only the little T-handle to turn the three cams, and boy those suckers can get tight!

wesintl
10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Speaking of snow. I want to sort of hijack the thread. For those with snorkels, do you turn them around backwards in snowy weather or continue to run normal. I noticed a buildup of snow on the intake which on a long enough drive I would imagine it getting completely covered up.

No. I run normal when I have the ram head on and even then I never rotate it unless it's going to catch on something, which is colorado and utah is hardly ever compared to the east coast vines that hang down off trees and like to rip them off.

The safari is designed to shed water where the ram attaches. I've seen condensation from snow trickle down the snorkel tube but I've never seen water or condensation reach the filter. :cheers:

Rezarf
10-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Same here, no snow makes it in... or at least that is my experience.

Drew

H-man
10-23-2006, 06:39 AM
i have never turned mine around either and i too have never had any issues with water getting into the filter
my.02 worth

Yossarian
10-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Did a trip to Fruita this weekend for some late season mountain biking. Got caught in all the snow in the mountains. Actually I didn't get caught, the LC did what its supposed to do, but everyone else? From Frisco west, covered 6.8 miles in about an hour and a half! More cars/trucks off the road, in a bad way. One guy in a mustang, posi rear, but street performance tires spinning away blocking both lanes and refusing to move, Pickups pulling trailers not doing well, not to mention RV's. Semi's just saying F-it and pulling to what shoulder there was and stopping. Can you say 8+ hours Denver to Grand Junction:mad:

97 LC, 4 adults, one dog, more gear than should be in the back ( coolers w/beer ), roof rack with 4 bikes, and a cooler for more beer, etc. A call goes in today for an OME suspesion kit.:cheers: