PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: trail leaders for Cruise Moab 2007

Hulk
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Every year we do things a little better. For CM 2007, we'd like to get our trail leaders lined up earlier.

Post to this thread if you would be willing to lead a trail or two at CM2007. Please post which trail(s) you are willing to lead, and on which days.

Trails are run on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Hulk
10-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Name: Matt Farr

Trails I am willing to lead:
Thursday: Fins & Things
Friday: none
Saturday: Elephant Hill or other trail.

Could also lead: Steel Bender, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa.

nakman
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Great stuff! Matt, please tell me if I got this all right (and I'll update) but this needs to be clear to everyone..

Requirements for being a trail leader
1. Must be committed to attending Cruise Moab 2007, May 2-6 in Moab UT.
2. Must have a vehicle that's capable enough to run the trail, and in good working order, and a CB.
3. Must be familiar with the trail you'd like to lead... meaning you've run it at least a couple times, know the major obstacles, are pretty confident you won't get lost, etc.
4. Must be responsible enough to look out for the well being and best interest of up to 20 other vehicles & their passengers while on the trail, including getting everyone to sign the forms, make sure no one gets separated, make decisions if someone were to break down, etc. Yes, some training will be involved here.
5. Must be committed to returning your packet of info, portable toilet, and spill kit back to the CM committee after your run that day.

Benefits of being a trail leader
1. You will be oh, so cool, the envy of everyone else at the event and beyond. :cool:
2. You get to be "boss" out on the trail. This may include spotting, recovery situations, when & where to eat lunch, and more! It's your trail.
3. You'll get to know the people on your run, and the people who put together Cruise Moab in a whole new way. It really is a different experience and perspective to be a leader. :thumb:
4. You will automatically be entered in the Leader-Gunner raffle, eligible to win a special prize offered only to trail leaders & gunners.
5. You will receive some other cool, CM-specific gifts as thanks for trail leading.
6. You will receive $20 cash for every trail you lead.

Red_Chili
10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
I tried leading Metal Masher, didn't go so well.

However I am willing to tailgun/waistgun any trail as needed. Esp. Elephant Hill.

Romer
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I know this isn't a commitment, but In will be able to give you one around March, If I can get out there a day or so early and pre-run, I could lead Gold Bar or some other 3+, 4 trail. If I can't get out early enough to pre-run, then I will be happy to gun any trail.

Uncle Ben
10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
If I can stick to my timeline on the 40 (doing good so far) I will be happy to lead Pritchett. Like old times eh? ;) Sooooo... can't commit yet but you can pencil me in. :rolleyes:

nakman
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
If I can stick to my timeline on the 40 (doing good so far) I will be happy to lead Pritchett. Like old times eh? ;) Sooooo... can't commit yet but you can pencil me in. :rolleyes:

We don't use pencils, Uncle B.. just a chisel & BFH. :lmao: Now get that 40 done.. ;) How about Thursday, can I ride shotgun?

edit: Oh, and I'm good for leading Kane Creek on Friday, and Wipeout Hill on Saturday. :)

Convert
10-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I am willing to lead:
Kane Creek
Metal Masher

Could also lead CliffHanger , Hell's Revenege or Poisen Spyder
Dan

cruiserdan
10-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I would be happy to lead Poison spider, Hells revenge or Fins. I could also do Goldbar. I would gun on most any trail.

nakman
10-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks, Dan! Do you have a day preference for each trail? Feel free to be as specific as you want.. :thumb:

Cheeseman
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Cheeseman here, As always I will lead Elephant Hill on Thursday. After that put me where you want me. Careful with that.

Greg
________
Bondage handcuff (http://www.****tube.com/categories/385/handcuff/videos/1)

Uncle Ben
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
How about Thursday, can I ride shotgun?

Thursday is fine. I could do a Golden Spike run too if ya need. Saturday is mine....all mine!

Bobzooki
11-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh, baby, baby, baby! It's Moab Rim for me! Pick the day.

This is my fourth week in Ireland, and I still have this week and next week here, but after this, I'll be done. I think I'd like to be on Tech Inspection this year again, too!

Cheers!
Bob

Beachboy
11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Could lead Fins or Elephant hill any day, and gun most other trails.
By the way, has anybody run any of the trails, (esp. Kanes Creek) since the floods in Oct. I went to Arch Canyon, and there was no trail left, totally washed out.

Convert
11-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Could lead Fins or Elephant hill any day, and gun most other trails.
By the way, has anybody run any of the trails, (esp. Kanes Creek) since the floods in Oct. I went to Arch Canyon, and there was no trail left, totally washed out.

No but sounds like fun, we ran a lot of washed out trails on the Outlaws Run:thumb:

Beater
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll lead anything but moab rim.

Tech inspection was cool, I'll gladly do it again, though only one day/shift.

moab rim was the only trail besides elephant hill I had never done, and will never do again (at least in an overweight 80)

Groucho
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I think Emilee and I would be happy workin tech again.
I will also lead anything rated 4 or below. Whatever is needed.

Rzeppa
11-18-2006, 02:14 PM
As I promised to do, I have compiled a listing of all the leaders we have had over the last 3 years. These are based on leader assignments prior to the event. I realize that there was some switching around on-site, but I do not have that data handy. I can't seem to find anything prior to 2004, it may have ended up on a different computer. But this gives us a good starting point. This is leaders only, it does not include gunners, as gunners are a lot easier to recruit.

I made two separate sheets: One organized by leader name, the other by trail. On the latter, it is easy to see where we are thin on available leaders.

I added the comments made in this thread where people have written that they would be willing to lead certain trails. Going forward, I will update this from time to time, and use it as a basis for leader assignments. As always, the committee is expected to handle as much of the leading as possible, followed by Rising Sun members and Wasatch members.

Romer
11-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Jeff you can put me down for wipe-out or Gold Bar as willing to lead. I have run them both before. There are others I could do as well, getting out there on Sunday will give me a chance to pre-run.

Shorty
12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, boy, MOAB!!!

I can lead any of the following:
Moab Rim
Fins n Things
Cliff Hanger
Hell's Revenge (preferred)
Kane Creek Canyon
Poison Spider
Steel Bender

I could gun on any of the trails.

I would REALLY like to gun (or at least run) Behind the Rocks.:thumb:

Shorty
12-01-2006, 10:54 AM
By the way, Jeff, the VP and I spell our last names differently: mine has an "a". He spells his wrong.:)

Red_Chili
12-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Shorty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 posts, can 400 be far behind???????

Shorty
12-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey, I get around, but veeeerrrrrryyyy slowly.;)

bvb
12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
I can Lead:
Gold Bar rim
Porcupine rim
Fins-n-things
Poision Spider
Steel Bender? Done it one!
And any 3 trail

I can Tail any 4 and lower if the leader trusts me!

Myredyota
12-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Bill! Quit picking on Mark! We are lurkers! Besides, he is recruiting!:beer:

Bruce Miller
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
We would like to volunteer. We'll gun for Greg on Elephant Hill on Thursday as we have for the past 4 years or so, and we can lead Steel Bender or Hell's Revenge on Friday and/or Saturday. In addition, Bruce will volunteer with tech inspection and Barbara will volunteer with registration. Bruce & Barbara Miller, AKA Three Dog, although we're down to one dog.

Romer
12-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Is Fins and things open for a leader for Saturday. I would like to do that. Looks like we want to run EH on Thursday with Greg and we want to do Hells revenge and fins. I have done fins twice, but never Hells. Being a party of 3 trucks I probably am not as flexible at the last minute and then I have to explain to teenage daughters why we aren't running what they picked.

In reality, they could run fins by themselves and I could lead something else if required, but we want to do EH on Thursday so that day is out.

tigerstripe40
12-26-2006, 04:26 PM
This is James H.

I am willing to lead or gun any of the following trails, any day of Cruise Moab 07:

Fins N Things
Hells Revenge
Goldbar Rim
Poison Spider Mesa
Cliffhanger
Klondike Bluffs

Romer
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Based on my regsitration, I volunteer to lead Fins on Saturday

farnhamstj
01-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Sounds like you've got leaders on the trails I'm good leading. But I'd be comfortable leading, Hell's revenge, Goldbar rim, Cliffhanger, Poison Spider(as last resort).I'm happy to run gunner on most trails just ask.

Rzeppa
01-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey, I get around, but veeeerrrrrryyyy slowly.;)Somebody told me that lower gears worked better

:-)

Rzeppa
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Can I have a witness:

Behind the Rocks?

Pritchett Canyon?

Moab Rim?

And has anyone heard the latest on the condition of Kane Creek?

Rezarf
01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
When will you need to know who can be a trail gunner? I would love to do that on Fins and Things...

Drew

Uncle Ben
01-18-2007, 10:56 PM

The way things are going I just can't predict how much garage time I will have in the next few months. It's not fair to leave the committee hanging so I will commit to bringing the 80. I will be happy to lead the "desert run" on Spike Saturaday. I will do anything needed the rest of the week (for Cruise Moab :rolleyes: ) so use me big fellas, I know most all of the trails quite well and plan on being out there all week.....;) :thumb:

Bobzooki
01-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Somebody told me that lower gears worked better
:-)

Mrs. Bobzooki says that lowering the tire pressure, and slowing down makes a huge difference in structural loading in certain parts of the female anatomy. She don't like to bounce a lot.

Rezarf
01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I can help out with anything that you guys need, I just have such limited experience out there. Maybe registration or tech check, or errand boy?

Let me know.

Drew

nakman
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Awesome Drew, yes all of that! :thumb:

Red_Chili
01-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Looking like I won't have to cancel at all!

I can waist/tail as needed on EH Thursday, and waist/tail any other trail I picked. Help with tech and registration Wednesday. Same with Justin (we are on different trails most days IIRC).

Rock Dog
02-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Hello Bill,
I believe the Millers are tail gunning for the Cheesy one on Thursday. We do appreciate the offer to tail gun the other trails..

Cheers,
Neil.

Rzeppa
02-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Everyone who has posted up in this thread has now been entered into the leader/gunner database. If there are leader volunteers in other threads, please put them here!

Inukshuk
02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I registered today online and then it closed. Thanks for holding it open for me. :thumb:

I'd be up for leading an easy day on Porc Rim, Wipe Out Hill (will get lost at least once) or Chicken Corners, but not more than one of those.

I can also lead Kane Creek (never dull and I'm also Outlaws Run 2007 washed-out trail rated), Poison Spider,

Could probably, but I only ran these once: Behind the Rocks, Fin's, Hell's, Steel Bender, Metal Masher

If absolutely necessary (and I win the winch): Gold Bar (been there, done that)

Before all that, Thursday on E-Hill :headbang: as a participant - which I have never run - would be great.

Rzeppa
02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I registered today online and then it closed. Thanks for holding it open for me. :thumb:Hi Daniel, yes we got you in. You got your first choices Thursday and Friday, Fins and Cliffhanger, respectively. Your first and second choices for Saturday were full ahead of your registration, so you got your third choice, Wipe Out. We have you down as gunning Fins for Matt on Thursday. We currently have no leader for Porcupine on Friday, so if you want to swap from Cliffhanger and lead it let us know. Happy cruisin'!

Beater
02-10-2007, 09:14 PM
if we need to change my assignment to gun a trail, let me know off line.

j

Rzeppa
02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi John, you got your first choices each day: Hell's Revenge, Metal Masher, Steelbender. Ben Ashcraft will be leading Hell's with Neil Quigley gunning, Neil Quigley will be leading Metal Masher (we don't have a gunner yet for that trail-day, so you may get your call there), and Bill Van Beek will be leading Steelbender on Saturday. We don't have a gunner for that trail-day yet either, so your offer is timely! Let me know and I'll put you down to gun on Friday and/or Saturday. Thanks, and happy cruisin'!

Beater
02-11-2007, 07:22 AM
I'll do either..

j

Rzeppa
02-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll do either..

jHow 'bout both? :-)

Beater
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
sure.. I won't get lost at least!

Rzeppa
02-11-2007, 04:59 PM
sure.. I won't get lost at least!Righton! Thanks John!

Inukshuk
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Jeff - thanks for the update. Thurs. & Fri. sound great as stated. When the dust settles a bit I'd love to chat about Saturday.

At this point I'm just glad to be registered! :risingsun