PDA

View Full Version : Chinamans Gulch on Nov 11

powderpig
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Hello all that read this thread.
The FJC team is going to be at Chinaman's Gulch on the Sat.11 of Nov.
I hope for this to be a little smaller then the first time we did the event. That said, all are welcome. This will be our last event as the FJC Trail Team. We (the central team) wanted to do something special and wheel with the crew that started off our tour. Any how I do hope that all that want to come can.

Where, Johnson Valley gas station in the parking lot.
When: 9:00 Am and leave as close to 9:30 am.

Most folks from the Rising Sun club knows where this is. As it gets closer I will try to get a map up for those that do not. See you guys then.
Later robbie

wesintl
10-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks Robbie. I'll add it to the calendar.

I'll try and make it. It was a fun run last time. :cheers:

JadeRunner
10-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Sounds good . I probably can't make it though. It's the Gunsmoke Truck Stop in Johnson Village (719-315-2833). Last time they told me to call them in advance, so they could welcome our event on their large sign.

I ran it twice last weekend with my hunting buddies. It was wet from a snow shower and I had to winch both times up the last obstacle (sheps revenge).

Romer
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Hmm, I think me and at least one of the Romer girls will make it. Sarah now has her license so maybe a caravan of 3.

Of course if the weather sucks, I do drive a Lexus ya know!

powderpig
10-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info Scott. I will call in advance or stop the night before as well. Later robbie

Rezarf
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Bummer-

I missed the first one, and I am in Florida for this one at a wedding.:(

Have a blast, I have wanted to run Chinaman's Gultch for sometime, oh well, maybe in the spring.

Drew

Red_Chili
10-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Or the winter! Chinaman's is situated in a desert area, sometimes they miss all (or most) of the snow!

bh4rnnr
11-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Anybody have an open seat? Funds are not going to allow me to take the runner(needing tires soon......). But would like to joine the team one last time......

Uncle Ben
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Anybody have an open seat? Funds are not going to allow me to take the runner(needing tires soon......). But would like to joine the team one last time......

I have your back dood.... ;)

bh4rnnr
11-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I have your back dood.... ;)

Thanks yo!:beer:

Convert
11-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Looks the :Princess: and I will make this run

Nay
11-03-2006, 09:19 AM
I am planning on it. Was hoping for an OCG reunion after the massive spring trip :beer:

Nay

Three Wheel Ben
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm gonna try and make this as well, so far so good.

MDH33
11-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Anyone have an idea how long this run might be? As in, when I could expect to make it back to Denver if I go? I'm not leaving for my vacation until Sunday and might be able to make it if I have adequate time to get back on Saturday afternoon.

Nay
11-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Anyone have an idea how long this run might be? As in, when I could expect to make it back to Denver if I go? I'm not leaving for my vacation until Sunday and might be able to make it if I have adequate time to get back on Saturday afternoon.

It all depends on the number rigs and how many want to try the optional obstacles. A group of 10 with the majority trying out the optional stuff will usually take a about 5 hours.

My bet is a group that plans to be on the trail at 9:30 will be off by 3:00 if there is no major breakage.

Rzeppa
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
...if there is no major breakage.Heh. Famous last words :-)

Man, I'd sure like to make this run. Scott's been trying to get me on this trail for years. And I miss my buddy :robbie:

powderpig
11-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys for growing this thread. I am currently at my house getting ready to do this last run and to finish the tour.
Martin, The last time with the 38 trucks the RS had at the event, some people did not get out till the early the next morning. Due mostly to breakage. Most will say that early to late afternoon is the usual time to get out. Then you would have to drive back to denver, puting you home late afternoon to late evening if unlucky the next morning if you break or help others fix there junk. Fun trail, but I do not know if I personally do a hard trail so far from home knowing I have to leave on vacation the next morning. How's you luck these days?
Any how I am looking forward to this and seeing a few guys on the trail.
Jeff it would be nice to see you, if not this time the next. later robbie

MDH33
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. I probably shouldn't risk it on this one. My flight leaves at the crack of dawn Sunday. If it were an easy trail, no worries, but sounds like some breakage is common on this one.

Have fun you guys!! I'll see you all when I get back from the beach! :cool:

JadeRunner
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I think I will make this after all. So Zepp, you have to make this one this time!:)

Nay
11-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I am definitely attending.

Ric
11-08-2006, 05:14 PM
man if this was on Sunday, Id be there in a heartbeat, but I gotta show my support to all my fellow Vets. you all have fun. and post up pics.

Convert
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
See ya all there the :Princess: and I are heading out thursday for some R&R and then over to Chinamans

bh4rnnr
11-08-2006, 06:32 PM
See ya all there the :Princess: and I are heading out thursday for some R&R and then over to Chinamans

Dan, looking forward to seeing you on the trail again. Maybe this time it will not be sooooo mudy:hill: :eek: .

Convert
11-08-2006, 11:30 PM
No mud there just rocks:lmao:

JadeRunner
11-09-2006, 10:10 AM
man if this was on Sunday, Id be there in a heartbeat, but I gotta show my support to all my fellow Vets. you all have fun. and post up pics.

Too bad Ric. But, we understand. I'm going to have a set of Oleg's beefy lower control arms on. I'll get some pictures for you , since I know you need them also. I really bent them up last run there. On the double slab.

Note, when I was a Chinamans a few weeks ago. It was wet and I couldn't even come close to getting over the last obstacle (sheps revenge). Had to winch. And the tree we usually winch off of has been pulled down. I couldn't get up the double slab either (of course neither can Red Chili). It's more fun when it's dry and traction is good.

Red_Chili
11-09-2006, 11:38 AM
If Red Chili could pick a good line he could get up it...

Sadly, I will be too tied up with getting ready to move to make this one, dangit.

Ric
11-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Scott, i would very much appreciate that, yes Im needing something real bad, lol

nuclearlemon
11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
if someone's got a seat, i'd like to go

Uncle Ben
11-09-2006, 03:24 PM
if someone's got a seat, i'd like to go :perry: and I are leaving Friday 2:30ish for BV. You are more thatn welcome to join us! We will be back sat night. Will be in a wheeling bus so an extra seat is notta problem!

nuclearlemon
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
:perry: and I are leaving Friday 2:30ish for BV. You are more thatn welcome to join us! We will be back sat night. Will be in a wheeling bus so an extra seat is notta problem!
camping out?

Romer
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I've got a seat, if you don't mind riding in a lexus

nuclearlemon
11-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I've got a seat, if you don't mind riding in a lexus
i don't know if i can ride in a lexus...i don't own any pink panties :D

Romer
11-09-2006, 07:25 PM
i don't know if i can ride in a lexus...i don't own any pink panties :D

Well . . . You have tomorrow to buy some.

Let me know

Uncle Ben
11-09-2006, 08:09 PM
camping out?

Cheap hotel in BV along with FJC team. Hope :perry: doesn't have any bad habits! :eek: :hill:

wesintl
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
First it's John and now it's perry and the FJ team....:lmao: Poor Ian. Hopefully I'll see you sat. :)

nuclearlemon
11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Cheap hotel in BV along with FJC team. Hope :perry: doesn't have any bad habits! :eek: :hill:
how cheap...remember..unemployed and living off credit cards

Romer
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
The weather is suppose to be good in BV tomorrow, 52 for the high.

Going to be a little nippy in the tent tonight though. Kevin and Perry may need to . . . . Nah, I'm not going there.

treerootCO
11-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I am all loaded up :)

I have to work tonight so I'll leave for BV at 5:30 am. If I get there early, I might try to sleep a few so wake me up if you see me.

Romer
11-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Rachel and I are leaving about 7AM, so look for the Romer caravan. We will be monitoring CB channel 4. Going around south on 470 to 285 and then south to BV.

She's bringing her boyfriend Matt, he drives an exploder, but Rachel is showing him the way.

powderpig
11-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks again to all that showed up and made the end of the tour a lot more special. See you guys soon in december.

Later robbie