PDA

View Full Version : Need 15 minutes of help

Red_Chili
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Please send in your comments on the White River Travel Management plan. We really need to let them know they have not included recreationists in their planning process, and we will not meekly go into that good night...

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=19620#post19620

The deadline is SOON. It should only take 15 minutes of your time.

wesintl
10-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Done. Thanks Bill :cheers:

BTW I tweaked mine so it wasn't a generic letter. :thumb:

corsair23
10-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Done x2

Uncle Ben
10-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Please send in your comments on the White River Travel Management plan. We really need to let them know they have not included recreationists in their planning process, and we will not meekly go into that good night...

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=19620#post19620

The deadline is SOON. It should only take 15 minutes of your time.

Of course I have your back! Already sent that letter but your brilliant ask for help inspired me to pester a few hunter friends that are impacted by the possible implications this poor planning could create. (I haven't pestered these guys before) I was promised that they would immediately! Thanks for the push! :thumb:

Red_Chili
10-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Glad I could be pushy! (and not get slapped for it...)

Red_Chili
10-27-2006, 08:43 AM
We need to keep a close eye on this process in White River. I understand from talking to Val last week that their bit about users paying for new trails includes the whole process, NEPA, studies, the whole deal. There is a definite and strong bias in WRNF management against OHV use, they regard themselves as a skier and hiker forest primarily, and someday ONLY.

Case in point: a road extends into a roadless area, providing access to an ATV loop that comes in fairly close proximity to the wilderness near Vail. They decided to CLOSE THE ROAD administratively not because incursion into wilderness by ATVs has occurred, but because its close, and it MIGHT occur. Never let the ultragreens feed you the line that roadless doesn't mean roads will be closed. Here we have an example of exactly that.

The foxes are in charge of the henhouse there. Backroom strategies are leaving us in the cold. Stay tuned.