PDA

View Full Version : Toy Sale - Early Holiday Shopping

corsair23
10-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Not much interest so I'm dropping the price and including shipping

Cleaning out some more stuff :cool:

Bought a bunch of these on eBay some time ago. I bought a bunch to use as parts if one broke/popped before I figured out you could in fact order replacement parts directly from the company :doh:

Anywho....Lesson learned and now I need to clean out some stuff and add whatever I get $$ wise to the 80 fund :D

Here is the description from the website, www.rctoys.com (http://www.rctoys.com) (awesome stuff for us big kids :) ):
Have you ever imagined piloting a large blimp over a major city? Now you can fly your own Remote Controlled Blimp indoors! The weightless flight of this ship will bring a great big smile to your face as it silently obeys your every command. within a few minutes of taking off, you will be able to pilot this airship around your living room like a pro!
This unique blimp is propelled by three independantly controlled electric fans to provide forward/backward, up/down and left/right movement. Guidance is provided by a three channel transmitter operating on a 9 volt battery (not included). Range of the saucer is 200 feet in most cases. At over 4000 feet above sea level some of our customers are unable to get the blimp to float due to low air density. If you are over 4000ft we recommend you request a high-lift envelope ($14.95) in the "Comments" section on the last page of the shopping cart system.
The blimp is available in several different color schemes; Yellow, Silver , Red/Black, Goodyear, American Flag and a BattleBots printed logo design. Please specify what color you would like in the "comments" box within checkout. If none is specified, the default will be the American Flag in North America, and Silver elsewhere. Note: This product is only for indoor use, do not attempt to operate outside.

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/MACH-3Z/RC-BLIMPS-MACH-III.html#product_info_area

Ok, so here is what I have:

4 Highlift blimps (white) w/ remote control
0 Flag blimp (US Flag) SOLD OUT
2 Saucers (silver)
3v and 9v batteriesNow, if you order direct for rctoys the blimps run $49.95 + about $16 for batteries (complete setup would run about $80 shipped). You can sometimes get them on eBay for cheaper, depending on how the auction goes. Extra (just the "balloon", no controller) high lift blimps are $14.95 and extra reg blimps and saucers are $9.95. Then you have shipping from Canada (where rctoys is) to add in and of course waiting for the stuff to arrive. You can check that all out on line.

Sooooooo....here is what I hope is a great deal for anyone looking for something fun to have or to give as a present :thumb:

One highlift blimp (or saucer) w/ controller, 1 9v battery, 1 3v battery - $30
Saucer alone (spare) - $5
Additional 9v ($1) and 3v ($2.50) batteries available
FREE ShippingIf you want more than one to fly at the same time I have 3 27MHz controllers and 4 49MHz controllers. We have fun "jousting" the blimps in the air at our house!

How do they work? Pretty slick if you ask me. Just take the blimp to any party store to fill it up with helium (cost about a year ago was about a buck IIRC). Bring it home and attach the 'gondola' and fins (scotch tape, double sided tape, whatever you want to use). Then, add ballast to make it neutral in the bouyancy department and start flying. One thing I noticed with the high lift blimps is that when fully filled, you will need quite a bit of ballast OR you can attach stuff with string etc. and fly it around. Quite fun! I also always tied a string to mine just in case it gets away :hill:. Depending on how you attach the gondola and fins, you can use it on a spare blimp/saucer. I have the high lift, flag, and saucer and just move the gondola from one to the other.

Here are some pics. If you are interested just let me know. If you want more than one I can do some sort of package deal...

Thanks!!

corsair23
10-29-2006, 01:17 AM
NOT old batteries...I think all the 9v (controller) have a 2009 exp date on them and the 3v (gondola) have 2013 exp date! The 3v batteries pictured are Polaroids but the ones I have are Duracell Ultras.

corsair23
10-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Forgot to add "OBO"

I want to give local folks first shot at these before posting them on MUD and then as a last resort putting them up on eBay...They really are a lot of fun! And for you "modders" out there imagine the fun you could have personalizing one of these :)

corsair23
11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Alrighty then...I dropped the price and will ship them for free (or drop them off to you if you are close). I just want these out of my computer room :)

Seems interest is low so whatever doesn't sell by this weekend I'll throw up on FleeBay...don't want to miss the holiday shopping frenzy

wesintl
11-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Do the blimps have the ability to drop chipolte gift certificates and does it come with a stack of them?

corsair23
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
:) I wish...I'm sure the "modder" types could come up with a dropping mechanism but you'd have to make up your own certificates :hill:

My abilities are limited to getting the blimps filled with helium and attaching the gondolas :eek: And if you saw me trying to get out of the party store's door with 3 of these things blown up and then trying to load them in my car you'd understand :lmao:

Shark Bait
11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Looks kinda cool. So for less than $30 you get a blimp and controller? Everything you need? I'm thinking this might be a cool gift for my 14 yo nephew.

corsair23
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Looks kinda cool. So for less than $30 you get a blimp and controller? Everything you need? I'm thinking this might be a cool gift for my 14 yo nephew.

$30 shipped gets you everything you need (blimp, controller, and batteries) except the helium and whatever you want to use to attach the gondola and fins to the blimp. :D

And you'll need ballast...Some is included with the controller but I think it is more fun to tie stuff on and fly it around. Any of the blimps (big white one, flag one, or saucer) as of now are available.

Shark Bait
11-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Helium. Don't suppose they can suck it out of balloons and blow it into the blimp? :D I guess I could ship it to my brother in law and have him go to the party store and get it filled before Xmas.

corsair23
11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Chris,

If you need it shipped I can just send it for you (unless we're talking overseas or something :) )...Would save you some $$ of having to ship it and shipping is included afterall.

As for filling it...You could try sucking the helium out of balloons and blowing it into the blimp but that would be a lot of work :hill:

Better to just take it to a party store and have them fill it. IIRC the one in HR charged me less than a buck for each one last time I filled mine. The blimps are that mylar stuff so they hold the helium pretty well. The most difficult part is making the blimp neutral in the bouancy department...Let me know.

corsair23
11-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Updated available qtys

Edit: Corrected what I have left

corsair23
11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Update avail qty again - Donated one for a silent auction at work for the Food Bank of the Rockies food drive :)

Does Rising Sun ever have a raffle for prizes? If so would one of these be something of interest for the raffle?

Hulk
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM
We do a raffle at every meeting. We also have a really big raffle at Cruise Moab.