PDA

View Full Version : so I pre-ran the night run today...

nakman
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Weather permitting, this is going to be a sweet run. I say that because the run & picnic area are right around 10,000' (hint #1), just below timber line. No snow today, but a lot can happen in 5 weeks.

The spur road that shortcuts the pass (hint #2) was everything I hoped for. Fairly short, probably about 3-5 miles round trip from the campsite. Pretty tight in most places, one sorta off-camber area (you could go high to make it worse), one water crossing, and two spots where I had to use the rear locker. :) I wasn't aired down, plus patience was wearing pretty thin in the passenger seat so I didn't back up & have another go or else I could have made it through at least one of them with more speed. But alas, a twist of the dial and the climb continued... But nothing too crazy, pretty safe, yet a couple challenges... just perfect for a night run, IMO.

Didn't go all the way up the pass to the divide (hint 3), instead headed back down.. we were at I-70 & Wadsworth about an hour or so later (hint 4).

that is all. Saturday, October 29.. we'll meet at 5:00 pm. come hungry

Kipper
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Weather permitting, this is going to be a sweet run. I say that because the run & picnic area are right around 10,000' (hint #1), just below timber line. No snow today, but a lot can happen in 5 weeks.

hmmm, ok. so it must be somewhere east of town.

The spur road that shortcuts the pass (hint #2) was everything I hoped for.
ok, possibly Oklahoma, maybe the panhandle.

Didn't go all the way up the pass to the divide (hint 3), instead headed back down.. we were at I-70 & Wadsworth about an hour or so later (hint 4).
So it's in Kansas somewhere. Kansas City?

Seriously, sounds great I can't wait, I've never been able to make this run, but it's on the Calendar now!

Convert
10-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Any updates on this run??? Come on October 29th.

subzali
10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm in as long as my parents don't have anything planned I'm not aware of yet...maybe my dad'll want to come too! That's one step towards him either getting his own 40 or taking the 80 out once in a while!

Bobzooki
10-10-2005, 06:58 AM
I think I'm having company that weekend... :(

And we got a metric buttload of snow at 9,000 feet last night. Wet, heavy, nasty stuff. Hopefully, it will be gone by then!

Red_Chili
10-10-2005, 07:42 AM
I think I'm having company that weekend... :(

And we got a metric buttload of snow at 9,000 feet last night. Wet, heavy, nasty stuff. Hopefully, it will be gone by then!
Metric buttload... hehe... gonna hafta remember that one. Hopefully gone, eh? Yeah, right... except on the north face, in the shade, where the trail goes into a dip, on the downgrade, on the upgrade...

Face it Bob, you are quite simply just WAY too popular... you really ought to develop some offensive personal habits like me so you have more free time.

Bobzooki
10-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Face it Bob, you are quite simply just WAY too popular... you really ought to develop some offensive personal habits like me so you have more free time.

BRILLIANT!!!

Actually, that weekend a buddy and his wife are coming up to the house for the weekend, and we're going fishing, while the wives stay at the house and do their thing - so maybe we WILL show up for the night run! We haven't ruled out Alaska for the fishing YET... :D

nakman
10-10-2005, 09:07 AM
This weather has me a little worried.. but never fear there is a plan B, with the same meeting time & place as the "A" route. I'm planning on pre-running again much closer to the 29th to assess conditions.

subzali
10-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks like I'm still in, my dad is kinda backing out (thinks it might be too cold or something), but I'll keep working on him ;)

CJ7 Matt *might* be able to go too.

Magoo
10-16-2005, 03:12 AM
ahh throw some carharts on em and he will be ok

subzali
10-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah he's complaining about how his double fronts are too hot right now, well maybe he needs to get out on the tractor and plow, or get in the Cruiser and go up to the mountains with me :D "Come on dad you need guy time too ;) "

Oh by the way I wish my sig line were true :(