PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Ski Expo...Saw the new 4-dr Jeep

corsair23
11-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Went with a buddy to the Ski Expo today....Pretty much $7 ($10 w/out the coupon) down the drain not including parking :rolleyes:

Anywho, Jeep had a display there with all their vehicles including the new 2007 4 door "Wrangler". Now forgive me as I have not yet had a chance to sit in the new FJC but something tells me Toyota missed an opportunity. I like the new FJC and all but I have to tell you that new Jeep is pretty slick. It was a Rubicon model with a soft top so it looked a LOT better than the stock version I've seen in print. I was impressed with the room inside. Behind the rear seats (which seemed to have ample room by the way) there was as much as if not more space than what a FJ40 has behind the front seats! MSRP per the window sticker was just under $30K

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not going out and buying one but it makes me wonder what could have been had Toyota done something like that...Who knows, maybe one day Toyota will offer a soft top version of the FJC :confused:

Now, back to my hunt for a locked FZJ80...May the Cruiser Gods not smite me for the above words :D

nakman
11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
I agree, Toyota should put out a truck like this (but better). Maybe a 4-door FJ could be in the future? Guess we can dream... too bad these are Heeps 'cause they're pretty cool looking..

Hulk
11-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Looks a little "Hummer-ish" to me. My Dad told me that Jeep sales have really tanked over the last couple of years.

MDH33
11-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I saw a couple of these at the Minnesota State fair this year. I thought the same thing. Toyota should have built the FJC with a removeable top and more of a styling nod to the FJ40's.

wesintl
11-06-2006, 09:41 AM
They should have just sold the Prado 4 door and 2 door and change out the grill if need be. They are pretty much NA compliant too, Airbags, lights etc.