PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Home Page

Shark Bait
08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey Kipper,

Should the RS logo in the upper left corner point a person back to the RS home page? It did on the old forum. :confused:

Kipper
08-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, it should. Thanks for adding it to the list.

Hulk
08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
I actually like the RS logo going to the main page of the forum. Seems more useful, since the rest of the RS web site is pretty much never-changing. Could we just add a small text link somewhere to go to the Rising Sun Home Page, and leave the logo as is?

wesintl
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I think it wouild be nice if the logo went back to our main page. Right under the logo you can click the Rising Sun Member Forums in the upper task bar if you want to go back to the main page. I don't mind either way as long as we have an easy way to get to our main page. For example if a new member clicks our forum link off mud they are stuck in the forum... food for thought. :cool:

Hulk
08-23-2005, 12:32 PM
OK, you're probably right. I just don't find the rest of our site to be much use, except for the CM page, and that's only every once in a while.

Could we put a banner ad at the top of our forum for our own Cruise Moab shirts? We could use the same banner that we're running on TLCA.org right now.

Hulk
08-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Here's the banner that I thought we could display at the top of our pages:

wesintl
08-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah... I think once we move the "Welcome to the new forum you must re-register" we ought to hang that banner. I think we ought to do something for the shops that support the club too and make it rotating...

Shark Bait
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Want me to do some selling? :D

Chris

Uncle Ben
08-23-2005, 04:34 PM

Chris

Don't know if your a good enough salesman....you only managed to get $502.00 for that beautiful FJ-55! That should have sold for over $10k! :D

Shark Bait
08-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Bite me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Uncle Ben
08-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Bite me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Awe come on.....it was just a 55... :rolleyes:

Shark Bait
08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Awe come on.....it was just a 55... :rolleyes:

Not just ANY 55! It's featured in September/October TT. Already got mine! :p :cool:

Uncle Ben
08-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Not just ANY 55! It's featured in September/October TT. Already got mine! :p :cool:
WOOOO HOOOO! Now thats cool! Congrats! So $550.00? :D

Shark Bait
08-23-2005, 09:42 PM
There was also a shot of a sweet looking FJ62 (photo courtesy of Kipper Stiever) on Hell's Revenge, a nice FJ40 with 70 series front turn signals (Mike Davidson) on Fin's n Things, and our own Commander Matt Farr's FJ40 leading the "pack" up SOB hill.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hulk
08-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Chris
Maybe. We probably get enough traffic to make it worth a few small bucks. I think we would hit up our own members with businesses first.

Or we could just use it to promote Rising Sun and Cruise Moab.

What do others think?

Red_Chili
08-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, you know me.... proceeds to fund trail maintenance???? :cool:

Very cool banner BTW.

Uh, Shark Bait, with stuff like that popping up here at work or at home (emoticon and avatar), I might not be a frequent visitor to your posts! :eek:

Uncle Ben
08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Just noticed the RS logo still links to forum. :)

Oh....and the RS site's calendar link still goes to the old hack-a-date. :rolleyes:

wesintl
02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey Kipper,

Should the RS logo in the upper left corner point a person back to the RS home page? It did on the old forum. :confused:

It does now :ranger:

New photos on the main page per yoder's request. (as soon as I hook up with matt I'll see if his rotation script works. If you'd like to see your rig here send a 120x ~100 sized pic to me. :blah:

Meeting time and info on the main page so everyone know where to find us in person

I fixed a few broken links :birf:

on to some better stuff later :D

Uncle Ben
02-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks Wes! :bowdown: :ranger:

It does now :ranger:

New photos on the main page per yoder's request. (as soon as I hook up with matt I'll see if his rotation script works. If you'd like to see your rig here send a 120x ~100 sized pic to me. :blah:

Meeting time and info on the main page so everyone know where to find us in person

I fixed a few broken links :birf:

on to some better stuff later :D

Rzeppa
02-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Meeting time and info on the main page so everyone know where to find us in person Thanks Wes! For whatever reason, the "close this window" button doesn't. I ended up clicking on the new link back to the home page on the RS logo to navigate out.

wesintl
02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
For whatever reason, the "close this window" button doesn't. I ended up clicking on the new link back to the home page on the RS logo to navigate out.

"close this window" :confused: Ah.. where is this again? I guess I don't use that feature :eek:

are you using IE... File - close?? Worked for me ok...

Rzeppa
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
"close this window" :confused: Ah.. where is this again? I guess I don't use that feature :eek:

are you using IE... File - close?? Worked for me ok...I clicked on the link in your post here in this thread, and it came up with no nav at the top, and a close the window button on the bottom. After I posted in this thread, I re-entered from the "front door" and it just looked like a regular post, and had the regular nav at the top. Must be a vbBulletin thing. Not to worry.

wesintl
02-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I see now.. The button does work right. I just linked from the main page to the individual post (ie click on your post #22) I have the thread closed as well so it's just Informative post and not up for replys :)