PDA

View Full Version : Make your reservations for the Campground

Romer
11-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I am supposed to be posting this on Mud and thought I should post here as well.

Although you will not be able to register for the event for a month, we wanted you to know where the campsite is. We will be back at Slickrock Campground http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

We have an area of campsites we have asked them to reserve for us so that we do not get intermingled with families. We expect to overflow our reserved area.

Call them and make your reservation and tell them you're with Cruise Moab

Also, if you have been to Moab before and feel confident in leading trails, please visit our forum. Trail leaders will get priority on trail assignments. Please only volunteer if you feel capable and have experience leading trails with groups of 20 people. See the following link http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=2300

The reserved part of the campsite is shown in the below graphic

isotel
11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
sweet.. i cant wait for this event!
Whats the story on these sites? can 2 people share a site, ect.. (it will be just me and my tent, so i dont think i need a whole site)

last time i was in moab we took showers at this campground and its a pretty nice spot!

nakman
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I think they base their rates on the presumption that 2 people will share one site.. either a cabin, tent, camper, etc. So same cost if you're alone or you bring a date with you. I suspect you could probably share that with someone else too.. when you call to reserve ask Missy what the deal is, then post up so others will know too, thanks!

bh4rnnr
11-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Cool, is Rising Sun going to stay together?

bigbluefj
11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
so why the change in the camp site????

kevin

Romer
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM
we can stay together. Some are in the cabins. Dave Brown is in front of the cabins and a few of us are behind the cabins.

Different campsite is to fit everyone at one site rather than being spread around.

waggoner5
11-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Dang I hate that place, but I'll be there.

Red_Chili
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
The cottonwoods are not so bad in the cabins... so I got a cabin for me and the mrs.

WooHoo, she is actually coming this year!

Maybe to make sure I don't do the bumper ballerina act again.

MDH33
01-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Just reserved a tent campsite online. :camping: :beer2:

They are closed for the season so no telephone reservations are possible right now. I'll post up which site I get when they confirm.

Bobzooki
01-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Woo Hoo Hoo!!! I am booked into spot 162, with the Big 10' X 20' Condo Tent. Arriving Tuesday, 5/1 through Sunday 5/6.

bh4rnnr
01-30-2007, 06:12 PM
So who all has made reservations? Talking with Dan the other day and would like to see who all is up for camping together, you know, having the club together for there event..... I'm planning on heading out the 27th, unless $$ says otherwise.

Beater
01-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I am still looking for someone to share an rv site with for tenting

j

bigbluefj
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
just got the call to night from missy conferming my rv site at the slickrock camp ground time to get to work than..

kevin

corsair23
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I am still looking for someone to share an rv site with for tenting

j

How big are the RV/pop-up sites? I got the impression from Missy that you can fit the RV/pop-up and one vehicle at most per site. Never having been there though...I was hoping to fit the pop-up and two vehicles on one site but Missy stated the second vehicle will have to be parked in the 'over flow' parking lot :confused:

bigbluefj
01-31-2007, 08:16 PM
i know from two years ago they said if you colud not fit your whole unit in the spot you would have to put the trailers in the over flow spot i know one fellow that kept pulling his truck up on the trailer when he got back from the trail i hope there's space i have a small trailer and anyway i think it should fit wait and see i guess...

kevin

MDH33
02-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Is there parking at the tent sites? Or would it make more sense to pay for an RV site to have your vehicle close by? Haven't been able to figure this out. I already reserved a tent site, but If I have to park away from it, that would be a pain. Since I will be driving my 40 there, all I will have is one stubby vehicle and a tent so I could potentially split an RV site with someone else in the same situation, right?

:beer:

Beater
02-01-2007, 09:13 AM
i'd be down with that, providing that you don't drink alllll my liquor.. are the rv sites just pull in, or can you drive out from either side?

art hog
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
you can fit a rig in front of your tent site.

corsair23
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
i'd be down with that, providing that you don't drink alllll my liquor.. are the rv sites just pull in, or can you drive out from either side?

In my correspondence with Missy my understading is that all of the 'RV' sites are either pull-in or back-in sites and marked as such on the map with either an arrow or a 'B' or 'P', if that makes sense. She stated that non of the sites are considered "pull thru". I didn't press for more information but it seemed to me that a pull in site would be akin to a pull thru otherwise how would you get the tow rig out once you disconnected :rolleyes: I tried looking at the pics on the Slickrock Campground website but they weren't conclusive.

I was thinking that the reason a person would need to specify one over the other might be determined by which side your entrance door is on (if that even varies)?

Anyway, hope I didn't confuse the issue even more :hill:.

treerootCO
02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
From 2 years ago. Here is a bigger version if needed (http://www.root45.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26537&g2_serialNumber=1)

sleeoffroad
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Here is the map showing our spot :D Remember you can't pick your family but you can pick your neighbors. :beer:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/forum_pics/map.jpg

Spots 68-77 and 78-87 are pull through, but for a long RV the turns can be tight. Last year Gary camped in 77 with his RV hotel. 25-42 is the same deal. 4-22 is great for tent communes.

Party row is 182-162, old guys stay in cabins 1-14

As for reservations, at least the new people assign spots, which I really appreciate. Missy was pretty good at replying to emails once they got back from vacation.

corsair23
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM

:eek: Time to email Missy and get moved :lmao:

Not sure the two little :Princess:s will fit in with the party row atmosphere :hill:

treerootCO
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
If I remember right Zepp said he was in that row because he wanted to be in the quiet row.

Romer
02-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad

I don't thinks thats going to be the party row. I am staying there because I think it will be quieter than those in front of the cabins

isotel
02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Hmm.. Id love to be in an area where i could stay up later and have some beers, Tell Stories and Listen to music.. is there a specific spot for this sort of thing? i dont want to disturb the old guys getting their beauty rest :lmao:

corsair23
02-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Hmm.. Id love to be in an area where i could stay up later and have some beers, Tell Stories and Listen to music.. is there a specific spot for this sort of thing? i dont want to disturb the old guys getting their beauty rest :lmao:

Tent commune? That could get pretty wild :hill: I plan to point my sister-in-law in that direction :lmao:

I'm staying put for now and putting ALL my faith in Romer that he is correct on the 'quiet' row. :D

I was thinking the back row would be quieter and have less :robbie: traffic that the kids, and I, will have to worry about. As a bonus it is close to the playground :doh:

bigbluefj
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
so your say the back row is the quiet cool found out to day that i'm in # 166 i like quiet..

kevin

Romer
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
so your say the back row is the quiet cool found out to day that i'm in # 166 i like quiet..

kevin

Looks like we are neughbors another year. I am in 164.

Romer
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm staying put for now and putting ALL my faith in Romer that he is correct on the 'quiet' row. :D

Now that could get you in trouble. last time we were at slick rock another group had the back row, so I have nothing to compare it to.

It is my guess that it will be quieter than the section to the left and directly in front of the cabins.

Unless someone is hanging out in the next site, it shouldn't be a big deal. BUT that could happen in any spot.

corsair23
02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
:) It is all a crap shoot Ken...

I'm actually going with what Missy suggested would be best for me and my situation (wife, 2 daughters, and a sister-in-law) so we'll find out. I'm at the opposite end as you which Missy said was a "highly requested spot"...We will see...I may end up in the quiet row but on the rowdy end :hill:

I just want to go wheelin' :cool:

bh4rnnr
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the update Christo:thumb: , Be sure and not camp next to you:eek: :hill: , oh wait Tj wont be there, so i'm o.k. :lmao: :hill: . Look into making reservations next week:beer: :beer:

treerootCO
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I think I am in 33? I have the card and there is a 33 circled...

Uncle Ben
02-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I think I am in 33? I have the card and there is a 33 circled...

What a coincidence ....so am I! ;) :thumb:

bigbluefj
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
so what your saying ken is that i should leave the crown bottle in your fridge for safe keeping???

kevin

Red_Chili
02-02-2007, 08:28 AM
This old guy is bringing a sound masker so he can get his beauty rest in the cabin! :D

Bobzooki
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Shoot - I'm in the "Party Row" - 162 - and I was planning on bringing the 6,000 Jiggawatt Stereo, the frozen rum drink machine, a popcorn machine, a bluegrass band, a grass hut, dancing girls, a dance floor, tiki torches, a pig roaster, horse-shoes, volleyball, a bowling alley, a shooting range, and six or seven horses... I mean, um, I'm hoping it's kinda quiet. Having electric on the spot DOES mean the blender can come along, though!