PDA

View Full Version : Corsair...Locked 1995 FZJ80 on 'Mud

Bighead
11-14-2006, 06:06 AM
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=120262

Located in Oregon.

corsair23
11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Only one problem...It is white :( and that is the one color the :Princess: won't go for...Arrrgghhh

White FZJ80s seem to be plentiful...

Bighead
11-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry about that...I forgot your color preferences.

corsair23
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
It is the thought that counts! :D

Bighead
11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Locked 1995 FZJ...dark green in CA. Asking $9500.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=120619

corsair23
11-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Tempting...Higher miles than I'd like but you never know...You still looking? There is a '97, dark blue collector's edition w/ 157K miles down in Castle Rock for about the same but no lockers...Looked to be in really good shape

Bighead
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Yep...still looking. I've been busy with work so I have not had much time to look around.

Bighead
11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
1997 CE (Sage), Locked and lifted, 136K. Seller has it on ebay with a reserve of $10,000. The only problem is it's location...Alabama. Unfortunately, this is the one month I am not teaching a class in AL or I would be able to take a look at it for us.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=121275

corsair23
11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Saw that one too but was thinking the miles might be higher than you were (and I) were wanting. I saw it pop up on my eBay search this morning...Has a OME lift and two set of tires as well (Michellins and BFG ATs) :)

I was also looking at a couple in WV on eBay being sold by a John, aka Bismarkguy. But, there is a thread on MUD going on about him that I am watching to see if buying from that guy would be wise or not...

I posted up a LX450 I came across in Craigslist in the for sale section. Looks real nice but it is white and doesn't have lockers. I'm wearing out my computers searching so much...Searching Autotrader, Cars.com, Craigslist (what a royal pain to search multiple areas), MUD, eBay, here, and anywhere else I can think of. Heck, I even drove up and down Broadway yesterday on my way back from Goodwill. I've found some real nice ones but nothing local, few with lockers, and a lot of them going for a silly amount of $$. I need some Cruiser God voodoo dust or something :)

Bighead
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
There have been a few 'mud updates on the WV-seller saga. He is no longer an option for me.

wesintl
11-21-2006, 09:46 AM
There have been a few 'mud updates on the WV-seller saga. He is no longer an option for me.

Do you have a link to the thread?

corsair23
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Wes,

Here is the link...

John aka Bismarkguy in WV (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=119620)

If I were local and could do business with him in person I might chance it...From 1000+ miles away though :confused: - Then again, if the right FZJ80 shows up who knows...At this point I'm willing to go through a lot of pain and suffering to get the right 80 :eek:

Bighead
11-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Wes,

Here is the link...

John aka Bismarkguy in WV (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=119620)

If I were local and could do business with him in person I might chance it...From 1000+ miles away though :confused: - Then again, if the right FZJ80 shows up who knows...At this point I'm willing to go through a lot of pain and suffering to get the right 80 :eek:
Thermodyn's post is the one that really irritated me. It kills me to hear people say they don't trust dealers/stealers to give them the straight poop on a vehicle but then let a LC-specific dealer give them half-assed info.

wesintl
11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Thermodyn's post is the one that really irritated me. It kills me to hear people say they don't trust dealers/stealers to give them the straight poop on a vehicle but then let a LC-specific dealer give them half-assed info.

Thanks for the link I don't venture to the 80 series section often.

I think that whole thread is a bunch of BS. He doesn't expect some rust on a 10 year old east coast truck. If you grow up and live where he does or in that part of the country I can see ones view of a "rust free vehicle". It's not the same as out here or in ID and if you've never been out here long enough to see what a rust free vehicle is then you'll never know. But, To turn to the internet buy something sight unseen (save Pics) then expect something else is stupid IMHO and doesn't deserve the bitching.

So far the guy has pretty decent feedback and I think that's easily earned on crusiers that he's flipping from auctions.

corsair23
11-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Wes,

The disconcerting thing for me is more around the feedback of pre and post sale communications from buyers. The general theme, even from those that were happy with their purchases, is that the seller was great up to the point of sale and then mostly MIA after that. Nothing more frustrating than dropping a large sum of $$ and then be left in the dark.

Buying anything site unseen is a crapshoot as is relying on a seller to describe a vehicle's condition. What is a big deal to the buyer may not be to the seller. However, if I sell or buy something from someone I expect to get and to give the same level of communication and support both before and after the sale. I am picky that way. I try to treat people as I like to be treated and expect the same.

FJBen
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
When I have sold in the past, I have probably been over critical on some things as i try to be as honest and upfront as possible in the condition of the rig. That said I would still tell everyone to look at the vehicle before buying it.

Very minimal things to you could be great concern or none at all to others.

:beer:

not too mention the newest FZJ is 10 years old ;)

Hulk
11-22-2006, 12:29 AM
I think I talked to this guy about a couple of 80 series Cruisers he was selling two and a half years ago. Provided lots of information. I think he gets many Cruisers from Florida, which should make them pretty solid. I would have had no problem buying from him; I just didn't want to pay shipping on a Cruiser w/o seeing it in person first.

corsair23
11-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Matt,

I've avoided FL rigs due to rust concerns...In your opinion is that concern unfounded? They seem to have a lot of nice ones down there but everytime I visit FL and drive a rental car, especially along the coast, it gets caked with a 'grime' of sorts from the salt in the air (I think). After a couple of days it is bad enough that seeing out the windows is difficult.

Romer
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Might also still be a few for sale that were in the Katrina flood. I heard some of those went to Florida for sale

corsair23
11-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Might also still be a few for sale that were in the Katrina flood. I heard some of those went to Florida for sale

:eek: Good point...I imagine some of those may have been scattered across the country.