PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a close by Hike

Romer
11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
We have this girl here from Mexico and she wanted to see the mountains. Thinking of a close to the city place we can go for a little hike. It is suppose to be 67 on Sunday, any suggestions?

Whats the condition of Bill Moore lake?

Any place closer that I wouldn't have to sit through Sunday Traffic on I-70?

Thanks

treerootCO
11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
I hear commerce city is nice this time of year :D

Plenty of places, just head West. Pull off wherever you feel like and start walking. Some of the prettiest places I have found have been off the beaten path. White Ranch, behind Slee is a great place if you would rather have trails. Walker Ranch is also nice. Dakota Ridge aka Mathew Winters is close to town.

Uncle Ben
11-18-2006, 12:32 AM
We have this girl here from Mexico and she wanted to see the mountains. Thinking of a close to the city place we can go for a little hike. It is suppose to be 67 on Sunday, any suggestions?

Whats the condition of Bill Moore lake?

Any place closer that I wouldn't have to sit through Sunday Traffic on I-70?

Thanks

Thats easy.......south of you is Roxborrow Park, Up here outta Boulder is the beautiful Chitaqua (sorry for the spelling butchering) Park with many awesome trails of differant difficulty. You also have to the west of you Mount Falcon. :cheers:

nuclearlemon
11-18-2006, 01:27 AM
indian hills

bigbluefj
11-18-2006, 01:55 AM
now that's a mountain to go hike on not to much snow yet......

kevin

El Flaco
11-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Chitaqua?? I dont know how to spell it either, but it gets my vote as a good place to take an outta towner. Pick your difficulty. And people watching is great too. Youll want to be up there early afternoon instead of later 'cause of how the valley gets first shade right there. Have fun

Romer
11-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Mt. Falcons close and looks interesting. I normally hike as part of a wheeling adventure, other than castlewood canyon, never gone anywhere to just hike.

Nick F.
11-18-2006, 12:17 PM
My wife and I really like white ranch park and its pretty close by.:thumb:

Tch2fly
11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Go up to Rampart range and make the hike to the Devils Head Fire Tower...great views.

Romer
11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
All great ideas. I decided though to drive up to Idaho springs and have lunch and drive up the Mt evans road to see snow.

lfd270ben
11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Up here outta Boulder is the beautiful Chitaqua (sorry for the spelling butchering) Park with many awesome trails of differant difficulty. You also have to the west of you Mount Falcon. :cheers:
I second this trail system you can hike all around the flatirons its very nice and you wont have to hike through snow this time of year

Hulk
11-18-2006, 11:52 PM
You could also hit the Meyer Ranch just off 285 near Conifer. The Lodgepole and Sunny Aspen trails are very nice hikes. From C-470, head 11.5 miles west on 285 to the intersection of South Turkey Creek Rd. Turn left (s); the entrance to the park is about 100 yards down the road on the right.

Nick F.
11-19-2006, 05:58 PM
You could also hit the Meyer Ranch just off 285 near Conifer. The Lodgepole and Sunny Aspen trails are very nice hikes. From C-470, head 11.5 miles west on 285 to the intersection of South Turkey Creek Rd. Turn left (s); the entrance to the park is about 100 yards down the road on the right.

+1 on that,

Plus Mr. Meyer has a white fj-40 with a plow on it you can see in the barn from the road..

Uncle Ben
11-19-2006, 07:51 PM
All great ideas. I decided though to drive up to Idaho springs and have lunch and drive up the Mt evans road to see snow.

Ya know Romer....you have to put the vehicle in park and get out of it to actually do a hike! :brick: :banghead: :doh: :smokin: