11-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Jay Coutler

Anyone dis-agree

Jenny Cruiser
11-23-2006, 10:34 PM
No disagreement here.

Romer
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
The other day my wife was at the store and bought me a Jake Plummer Jersey. My daughter made her take it back before I even got home.

Bighead
11-23-2006, 10:52 PM
After tonights game I wouldn't be surprised.

Convert
11-23-2006, 10:58 PM
I hope so

corsair23
11-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Well, I wasn't for it at the beginning of the year as I didn't want Cutler to have to go through what Elway did in his early years...:eek:

Now though, if the Broncos feel Cutler is the QB of the future then I say throw him in there. They aren't out of it quite yet so it will give Cutler a chance to play in games with some meaning while at the same time take some pressure off him if he stinks up the stadium for awhile :hill:

One thing is for sure, he can't do any worse than Jake has this year...:rolleyes:

wesintl
11-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I think Jake has been a pretty good QB for the broncos but lately he seems distracted. I think cutler should have started last night. Jake couldn't find a 3rd down conversion if he stumbled upon it.

wesintl
11-24-2006, 03:04 PM
only thing worse than plummer was listening to bryant gumbol and chris collinsworth. Man, are they bad.

corsair23
11-24-2006, 07:58 PM
only thing worse than plummer was listening to bryant gumbol and chris collinsworth. Man, are they bad.

X a BILLION! Absolutely pathetic. Wonder if the NFL Network will keep them around...

Shark Bait
11-24-2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah. It sounded like Bryant Gumbel had his nuts in a vice the whole time.

Bighead
11-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Looks like Shanahan has made the call...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2676372&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

corsair23
11-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Well, let's all hope Cutler fairs better than Elway did his first season(s) out...

I remember hearing someone state that if Montana or Marino had the O-line Denver did when Elway first started that both would have been out of football before the end of the first year. Luckily for Cutler he is starting off with a better O-line :)

wsdavies
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah. It sounded like Bryant Gumbel had his nuts in a vice the whole time.

Gumbel has Nutts???? That's news to me!
________
Emanuel4u (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Emanuel4u/)

nakman
11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm over Jake, hopefully Cutler doesn't get too beat up adjusting.. anyone else going to be there on Sunday?

Shark Bait
11-27-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm supposed to be. I have tickets, but I may have to go out of town. To Seattle! :lmao:

Convert
11-27-2006, 03:49 PM
I have tickets for the game but am not excited about the time change

Bighead
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
What is the best way to get Bronco tickets?

wesintl
11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I think it's going to be tough for Cutler, He hasn't been on the bench as long as Romo etc. I don't think the problems with the Broncos are solely related to Jake either. So he throws a few INT's. The defense has been lackluster and couldn't stop LT or Larry Johnson and they are supposed to be one of the best.

Denver has no running game right now either which doesn't help the offense and in particular Jake throwing the ball. Not to mention Rod Smith, time to retire bro. Opposing defenses only have to cover Javon Walker.

Injuries etc and Shanahan seemed to have strayed away from pounding the ball. That's how you win games, I mean super bowls. Pound the ball, get some throwing yards and a big play here and there.

Anyway, Jake doesn't look that good lately. Whatever it is so I think cutler does deserve a shot. Problem with Jake is he has amost as many INT's as he does TD's. I guess we'll see if either cutlers play or presence can lift the team

Rzeppa
11-27-2006, 10:18 PM
only thing worse than plummer was listening to bryant gumbol and chris collinsworth. Man, are they bad.Turn down the sound on the TV and turn on KOA. Been doing that for 20 years. Much, much better than even the local TV sound-casts.

wesintl
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
That would work if I sat there and watched the whole game but channel surfing is a habit. Plus some of those yahoos on AM make bryant gumbol sound like a genious.

If it were sonny and sam i'd do it.

nakman
11-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Wes, I agree Plummer isn't even half of the donkey's issues this year. He has had no time to throw the ball.. meanwhile opposing quarterbacks have been able to camp out in the pocket & pick us apart. It's all the o-line, sometimes they all click and we get a good running play but the majority of the time it's 2-3 seconds tops before the QB either has to throw or scramble.

Lance, best way to get tickets IMO is just go down there a couple hours before kickoff... either up on Federal or down below the I-25 viaducts there are lots of people selling them, often at less than face value.. I think there's a law they can't be within 100 yards of the stadiom or something, but just outside that perimiter you'll see a lot of guys holding up tickets. Pricing depends a lot on the opponent, the weather, and our standings.. and if you really want them cheap find the guy still holding tickets after the first quarter is under way.. ;)

maxsdad
11-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Plus - pretty crappy (predictable) play calling at times (Shanahan) and bad time management (Shanahan) - they always end the game needing time outs and not having them.
Special teams? Hurts always starting deep in your own end......
Most teams can re-group and adapt their game plan at the half - Broncos don't seem to be able to...

I think it's going to be tough for Cutler, He hasn't been on the bench as long as Romo etc. I don't think the problems with the Broncos are solely related to Jake either. So he throws a few INT's. The defense has been lackluster and couldn't stop LT or Larry Johnson and they are supposed to be one of the best.

Denver has no running game right now either which doesn't help the offense and in particular Jake throwing the ball. Not to mention Rod Smith, time to retire bro. Opposing defenses only have to cover Javon Walker.

Injuries etc and Shanahan seemed to have strayed away from pounding the ball. That's how you win games, I mean super bowls. Pound the ball, get some throwing yards and a big play here and there.

Anyway, Jake doesn't look that good lately. Whatever it is so I think cutler does deserve a shot. Problem with Jake is he has amost as many INT's as he does TD's. I guess we'll see if either cutlers play or presence can lift the team

Maddmatt
11-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Plus - pretty crappy (predictable) play calling at times (Shanahan) and bad time management (Shanahan) - they always end the game needing time outs and not having them.
Special teams? Hurts always starting deep in your own end......
Most teams can re-group and adapt their game plan at the half - Broncos don't seem to be able to...

Yeah, I'm on board with switching to Cutler, but in all honesty Plummer is the least of our problems right now. What happened to our defense in the month of November? He would have started in the Super Bowl last year if our defense had shown up for just one more game, but they got burned by blitzing too much, so now they count to 3 mississippi before they rush on every play, and opposing QB's get to go through their reads 2 or 3 times waiting for an open man.

The only QB's currently playing with a better win/loss record than Plummer right now are Brady and Manning, the guy makes some mistakes but when he's being the snake and rolling out he's as exciting and dangerous as anybody in the league. He just has the distinction of having a future super star sitting on the bench behind him.

So thanks Jake, I've enjoyed watching you. In about 25 other NFL cities you'd be a superstar having a bad stretch, in Denver you get to be second string to a rookie. That's how it goes, this week is going to be a preview of the next 10 years, lets hope it goes well.

Rzeppa
11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Plus some of those yahoos on AM make bryant gumbol sound like a genious.Former donks wideout Dave Logan is the best play-by-play man ever to cover the donks, and probably better than the majority of other radio play by play guys. David Diaz L'Enfante was a former donks guard. He's a (modest) step up from Scott Hastings, who was a former nugget. The nice thing about the radio announcers is that they have to paint a picture of what's happening on the field for those who aren't watching the video. Second, the local guys know the team WAY better than any out of town national crew.

corsair23
11-29-2006, 01:28 AM
And don't forget...You get to hear what is going to happen BEFORE you see it on TV...Unless of course your one of those lucky folks with a DVR or something that you can timeshift the video to match :)

nakman
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I thought Cutler looked pretty good yesterday... all of those TD passes + the 2-point conversion in the end zone were right on the money. 50 pass attempts? That's a Joe Montana number...

And while I was pretty irritated throughout most of the second half, the first half team looked pretty dang good yesterday, and well that last drive just about made up for the whole 3rd quarter. Let's hope we can roll over New Orleans next week like the stats say we should..

Rzeppa
09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Cutler performed at an elite level, as did his receivers. I wonder if Eddie's breakout last week didn't spring B-Marsh more? I thought the D-Line has a LONG way to go, and the O-line can pass block but still has a long way to go in run blocking. I was WAY glad they didn't cut Michael Pittman - he's a stud. And I saw more unusual plays from unusual formations than I can ever recall (except may last week against the Faders) - good play calling on offense.

The pass offense is playing at a championship level. The run offense is not yet to Broncos standards. The run defense is much improved from last year. The pass defense could use a little pressure on the passer.

Prater looks like we may forget Jason what's-his-name soon enough. The kick return game has been pretty so-so; below average.

Then there's the kick coverage teams...:eek:

And then there's the officiating...:eek::eek::eek: I hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

Regarding New Orleans: supposedly they have a relatively porous pass defense. Look for another big week from Cutler and company. :cheers:

nakman
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
The pass defense could use a little pressure on the passer.

Holy understatement.. yeah, Rivers had all day to pick us apart, luckily he missed a few wide open guys.

Maddmatt
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Rather than start a new thread, I'll just keep this one going to talk about Sunday's game :D:D:D

I was this close (holding up 2 fingers) to turning the game off after that obvious fumble but luckily I had to pause on the way to my TV (anybody else with 2 kids aged 7 and under who NEVER knows where their remote is? It's like 1985 around here!) so I got to see one of the most exciting Bronco football moments in the last few years.

No arguments from me - Cutler is the real deal - I find it interesting that his whole aspect has changed since the last 2 years. My one complaint about him was that he always seemed half asleep, now he looks fired up. I wonder how much of that is maturity and growing into his role, and how much of his low-affect was the untreated diabetes?

Anyway, I'm fully on the Cutler/Royal/B-Marsh band wagon. The quick-outs to a wide receiver like we saw on Sunday are what other teams have been doing to us for years, so it's about time.

mhdsummers
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Speaking of wife's without a clue.... :Princess:
My wife bought me a Griese jersey. :woot: :o

Never wore the thing. She totally redeemed herself by buying me an Elway jersy a year later.

The other day my wife was at the store and bought me a Jake Plummer Jersey. My daughter made her take it back before I even got home.

Maddmatt
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Speaking of wife's without a clue.... :Princess:
My wife bought me a Griese jersey. :woot: :o

Never wore the thing. She totally redeemed herself by buying me an Elway jersy a year later.

Ah, the Elway jersey - the piece of clothing that turns camo shorts and flipflops into "Colorado Formal" wear. (I'm in the casual mode right now, camo shorts, flipflops and my 2nd amendment T-shirt, I don't go formal until Sundays).

Don't feel bad about the Griese thing, he went to the pro-bowl in 2000 - he didn't start to bring the suck until he got punched in the face at TD's house, if I remember correctly.
-Matt