PDA

View Full Version : FJ Cruiser Prices Around Town?

Kipper
11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a very good friend/coworker that is ready to ditch the Rav4 and get an FJCruiser. He's willing to pay MSRP for a 4wd and auto (23 something right?), but doesn't care/want any other options. He's not a wheeler. Before he starts calling dealers, anyone know whos making the best deals on these around town?

:beer: :cheers:

PabloCruise
11-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I heard the 6 spds are easiser to source. Does he have any interest in manual?

JadeRunner
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I thought they cost about 28k for the mid range model like my Runner did in 2000.

Hulk
12-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Yes, $28K was what we were expecting to spend before we gave up and went for the minivan.

corsair23
12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Are the dealers still adding "market adjustment" $$ to the MSRP on new vehicles, specifically anything SUV'ish and 4 wheel drive? My suggestion, get the invoice pricing for what he wants (Edmunds.com has it) and then call around until you find a dealership that will sell one for invoice plus whatever you feel is reasonable profit. Weren't the John Elway/Autonation dealerships doing invoice +$500 pricing some time ago?

Other option would be to look out of state in an area the new FJs might not be a popular for better pricing. Would cost some $$ to go get it but that might be offset by a lower price.

Another option would be to start looking around for a private sale...Maybe someone that bought one "outside of their means" and could use the help getting out of a huge car payment :)

Shark Bait
12-01-2006, 01:01 AM
We might have a few "friends" at Stevinson Toyota. You could try talking to the sales manager and mention Rising Sun. :grinpimp:

farnhamstj
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
We might have a few "friends" at Stevinson Toyota. You could try talking to the sales manager and mention Rising Sun. :grinpimp:
Yeah good luck with that(sarcasm) They were about $1200 over toyota.com I asked about Rising sun discount and "due to the popularity of the vehical...."

corsair23
12-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah good luck with that(sarcasm) They were about $1200 over toyota.com I asked about Rising sun discount and "due to the popularity of the vehical...."

The ever popular "Market Adjustment" pricing huh? :eek: Yeah, we know the MSRP is $28K but in Colorado, well you know :(