PDA

View Full Version : hot tub

timmbuck2
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM
any hot tub/spa experts put there? I bought a used hot tub last year. Yeah, I know, first mistake. But it included 2 pumps and the heater/controller, so I thought it was a good deal. After fixing a bunch of leaks, it has worked great for me, perfect for a beer while winding down after a hockey game. Anyway, the heater/controller stopped working last week. I replaced the GFCI breaker, but still nothing. Any electricians or spa experts out there who could take a look at it? If you can get it to work, the whole thing is yours when we move in the next year or so. :) Thanks!

Timm

corsair23
12-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Not an expert but I got one sitting out back that I'd like to sell :)

Damn things are expensive to run especially in the winter when you REALLY want it...Came with the house when we bought it and now I'm wishing the POs had taken it with them...

It is probably your heater and or pump...A buddy of mine at works has replaced his 3 times now out of the last 4 years...

timmbuck2
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
hey BeatDown84FJ60, your IM box is full...

I found a couple of wires that were corroded, burned, etc, coming out of the terminal block. Tried to cut them down and replace, but I don't have the small hands, patience, etc. to replace. Know any electrician who won't charge a billion bucks to replace those 2 wires?

T