PDA

View Full Version : antifreeze in toilet?

farnhamstj
12-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I sleep well at night and this is what I do with old antifreeze.

subzali
12-04-2006, 09:34 PM
We dump it in kitty litter and then after it dries toss it in the trash can. Anything wrong with that? :confused:

treerootCO
12-04-2006, 09:35 PM
You forgot, take it to the local oil recyclers after hours because they say you have already dropped off your limit for the month! Wheat Ridge stinks, Wesminster has a great program.

Red_Chili
12-05-2006, 12:49 PM
The local gas station takes it for recycling.
Dumping it down the toilet is bad juju.

[edit] Geez, I'm the only one that takes it in for processing??? Come ON, guys!!!
You're making *me* look like a flaming Boulderite here!

JadeRunner
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Good question. I called a few places once and couldn't find anyone to take it. I still have a bunch. The normal places I take oil wouldn't take it.

Red_Chili
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Waste Mgmt.? They have a transfer station on S. Santa Fe & Oxford +/-. I know the gas station at Platte Canyon and Bowles took it last time I needed.

IanB
12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
The local gas station takes it for recycling.
Dumping it down the toilet is bad juju.

[edit] Geez, I'm the only one that takes it in for processing??? Come ON, guys!!!
You're making *me* look like a flaming Boulderite here!

Hippy ;)

Jenny Cruiser
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
The gravel in the alley out back seems to soak it up real good. :hill:

Hulk
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
We have a Hazardous waste pickup in our neighborhood. I hold onto it until then.

Red_Chili
12-07-2006, 07:46 AM
It's you and me against the Visigoth hordes, Hulk. You and me.

You bring the beer.

Red_Chili
12-07-2006, 07:47 AM
The gravel in the alley out back seems to soak it up real good. :hill:

And, it takes care of those pesky roaming pets, eh?

Uncle Ben
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
I meant to mention this last night but failed. Jerry, at Boulder Toyota, and I were talking about this and he said that club members should be welcome to take thier waste oil and antifreeze to ANY of the RS sponsoring Toy dealerships for free. It is a service they do for thier customers, which we qualify for.
So there ya go! Keep your toxic crap out of our water and what the cats don't drink you can easily recycle via your friendly Toyota dealers! "Who could ask for anything more?" ;) :cheers:

Jenny Cruiser
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
And, it takes care of those pesky roaming pets, eh?
I wish. I'm in a the middle of a cat superhighway. Lots of old single fat women around here. I can't leave anything open or outside without it getting pissed in/crapped on within an hour. No joke. I've never hated cats so much in my life. :mad:

farnhamstj
12-07-2006, 07:44 PM
It is definatly not ok to dump in gravel in alley. I'll have to make the 100 mi drive to Stevenson. And the toilet flushers, your out of excuses. Did Bill grow a ponytail since last I saw him, Hippy.

Seldom Seen
12-07-2006, 08:19 PM
When I worked at a hospital in Englewood, we used a gluteraldhyde solution in a cold sterilization process for plastic parts that couldn't take the heat of an autoclave.

Basicly we had 2 sinks 1 w/ gluteraldhyde and 1 with h2O for the rinse. The sinks had a special trap that would not allow the gluteraldhyde to go directly down the drain. Rather, it would mix with a = part of tap H20 and then flush down the drain.

When gluteraldhyde mixes with = parts of water it is converted to ethylene glycol and, according to the Englewood sanitation Dept, is safe for disposal in the sanitary sewer.

I've been told that ethylene glycol is rapidly broken down and rendered harmless in the bacterial digestion process in municipal sewage treatment plants.

*BUT* B/4 doing so I would check with your local sewer dept.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
i work at a dealer, i would'nt have a problem if someone wanted to dispose of it there.
we have a company come get it for recycling.
i would hope that any dealer would not have a problem taking care of it for you.

if ANYONE needs a place to dump antifreeze or oil, your more than welcome to bring it to my work.

jim

Red_Chili
12-08-2006, 02:36 PM
You da man, Jim.

Seldom, I think I understand some of the syllables you used. Not sure why you would want a kilo of something called charley zero in order to be like Romeo (or is that Romer?) though, I did a lot of things as a teenager but was never into THAT exactly. But I ain't into being a Yankee.

I do have an inner ponytail.

I once tried to grow a visible one but my hair stopped growing and started breaking off. Looked stylish. But I do have an inner liberal - it's what puts the NEO in neocon. Regardless of what the NY Times says about them, or how they define them. I was one in '82 before anyone even knew what it meant.

I think somebunny put some ethylene glycol into my Diet Dr. Pepper...