PDA

View Full Version : How about Jay?

subzali
12-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Thoughts? I've never seen a rookie in action in the NFL, and he had a couple screwups last night, but I think he's got potential. Apparently Mike Shanahan thinks so too, but others?

corsair23
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
About what I expected...The team didn't really provide much support overall. Amazing that after what, 5 turnovers? they still almost won the game? I was beginning to wonder if Seattle really wanted to win the game or not :)

On a positive note, it was good to hear that Al Wilson seems to be fine although not all that good news about Sapp...

Maddmatt
12-05-2006, 10:49 AM
The team has some issues this year, no doubt. Defense actually showed up, when you factor in that we gave up the ball 5 times and if it wasn't for that one pick we still would have won, that's a pretty good night. Shut down Alexander on a night when he should have been a superstar, so that's OK.

If Plummer was in there, I'm pretty sure we would have won that game, but Cutler is the future so now that I'm on board we've got to "stay the course".

Would be nice to see Plummer get a bit more respect for the time he put in, I know people love to hate him - but 13-3 last year, and it wasn't his fault that the Steelers made our secondary look like a bunch of JV high school kids when it counted. But the NFL is tough, time to move on.

When Rod Smith catches the ball, turns up field and drops it (granted the defender played the ball perfectly) you just know you're not going to win that night.

Cutler looked exactly like I expected a rookie to look. I think he's got a great arm, but I'm concerned about the fact that he always looks like he just got up. Wake up man, you make a trillion dollars a year for playing a game. Look like you enjoy it.

Those are my thoughts.
-Matt

corsair23
12-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I think he's got a great arm, but I'm concerned about the fact that he always looks like he just got up. Wake up man, you make a trillion dollars a year for playing a game. Look like you enjoy it.

-Matt

:lmao: My thoughts too! Is it just me or does it look like his helmet is either too big for his head or he just like it pushed WAY down on his noggin? :hill:

I told the :Princess: that I was thinking part of his problem was that he probably can't see to well out of that helmet sitting so low on his head...