PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Mitsu/Dodge D50 t-diesel truck

SteveH
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Anyone have any leads on a turbodiesel Dodge D50 or Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup (circa '83-'85) with the turbodiesel engine. I've acquired one with engine problems and wondered if anyone was tired of looking at one in their neighbor's yard or tripping over one at a junkyard. Any leads appreciated - Denver or Springs. They have a chrome 'turbodeisel' badge on each front fender. They're somewhat rarer than, say, FJ45s or Troopies. Thanks!

Steve

wesintl
12-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I've seen one in the yard, turbo was toast and one online in craigslist.

They are rare, that's for sure.

SteveH
12-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Wes - thanks for replying - My turbo is ok - but another engine might be interesting. Did you see this 'yard' truck recently - any chance it's still there?

Steve

wesintl
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
That was a while ago and it's gone. sorry

I grabbed all the turbo intake hoses off it :).

FJBen
12-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Well if ya kill it, I know of someone who needs a turbo ;) :D

wesintl
12-13-2006, 09:04 AM
I sold it a while ago.

With and HJ45 you have peanty of room under the hood. I would use your existing manifold and bend some pipe in a U and have it come back up to a 3/8 or 1/2 mounting plate to the turbo you decide. You should be able to get a t3 off a lebaron or something similar that would work well on that engine and fab up the rest. On my bj70 the biggest issue I had for doing something like this is lack of room.

FJBen
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I sold it a while ago.

With and HJ45 you have peanty of room under the hood. I would use your existing manifold and bend some pipe in a U and have it come back up to a 3/8 or 1/2 mounting plate to the turbo you decide. You should be able to get a t3 off a lebaron or something similar that would work well on that engine and fab up the rest. On my bj70 the biggest issue I had for doing something like this is lack of room.

Thats what I was looking at...sounds like the T3 is the way to go for mild boost. plenty o room! It appears those weld on plates are pretty cheap. Then just the oil lines and YAY! lol I hope it's that easy...