PDA

View Full Version : rental cars

nuclearlemon
12-15-2006, 05:50 PM
anyone know of a place to rent a subi forrester type car, or small 4wd? hertz wants 279/day :eek:

thinking of renting something for the trip to idaho to appease the parental unit, who is freaking out about me driving clampy up there.

Hulk
12-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Try Enterprise. They usually have good rates.

treerootCO
12-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Fly out and drive a Cruiser home. I bet could find a 45 out there that needs a ride back to my place. :D

nuclearlemon
12-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Fly out and drive a Cruiser home. I bet could find a 45 out there that needs a ride back to my place. :D
700+ to fly and minimum 7 hour layover in slc. i'll pass.

60wag
12-15-2006, 08:58 PM
To drive on the highway? Don't bother with all wheel drive. Go for the basic midsize or compact.

nuclearlemon
12-15-2006, 09:57 PM
To drive on the highway? Don't bother with all wheel drive. Go for the basic midsize or compact.
most will be on interstate, but a large chunk will be on a highway in the middle of nowhere between montana and idaho. i think my dad's probably freaked because he was with me when i drove from vancouver, wash and it was blizzard conditions the whole way to ft collins, so he wants me in some sort of "reliable 4wd" and apparently my $250 beater doesn't fit that category. after looking at prices though, it looks like it may have to do.

corsair23
12-15-2006, 10:09 PM
I've found that Thrifty typically has the best rates of all the national chains...I'm not sure what type of 4wd or AWD vehicles they rent though...I just tried their website and when I tried to get rates and vehicle availabiliy I was getting an error.

I checked Enterprise and they rent (local ones - DIA showed no availability) Trailblazers and Grand Cherokees for $505 per week (plus fees).

Also found this place on search (AVS Car Rental (http://www.avscars.com/Granby-Colorado-Car-Rental-Rates.htm)). They rental Subaru wagons starting @ $69/day but they are up in Grandby and you only get 100 miles free per day...$.25/mile additional after that :eek: