PDA

View Full Version : From Nakman's Wife

nakman
12-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone, Timís wife Michele here. Since you guys are the experts in grease removal (or maybe your wives areÖ) does anyone know if you can get grease out of a garment if youíve already washed it once but the stain still remains? Also what is the best way to remove grease from your clothes? Normally I donít really notice if grease makes it onto Timís clothes, but this time the grease made it onto mine.

Thanks and happy holidays to all. I see Tim use this icon when talking about his wifeÖ :Princess:

Michele

Chris
12-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Try Folex Carpet Cleaner Michele. My son introduced me to it after tracking grease and oil all over carpeted stairs. He cleaned it up in under 15 minutes, incredible stuff.

Don't know if it'll work after drying but it's worth trying and having around for :Princess: Tim :lmao:

nuclearlemon
12-16-2006, 06:48 PM
coca-cola. but if you've dryed it in the dryer, you may be screwed.

Rzeppa
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Another alternative would be Trisodium Phosphate (labeled as TSP). It comes in powder form and is inexpensive, available in hardware stores. Make a paste with some water and work it in with a toothbrush. It won't harm any fabric, natural or synthetic and rinses completely with no residue. Good luck!

Crash
12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Dawn dishwashing liquid works well as a degreaser especially when rubbed directly onto the spot in question and then allowed to soak for a while before throwing the garmet into the washing machine. You might even have some already in the house!

Red_Chili
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Another alternative would be Trisodium Phosphate ...It won't harm any fabric...
Really!
Told my wife about it, she was pretty amazed.:thumb:

Groucho
12-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Try rubbing GOOP hand cleaner into the stain.

It always worked in getting Steam Oil(which withstands heat past the boiling point of water. Believe me, that stuff REALLY stays in your clothes!) out of my overalls after shoveling 4-6 tons of coal a day into a coal fired steam locomotive.

Red_Chili
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
...after shoveling 4-6 tons of coal a day into a coal fired steam locomotive.
Some people will power their FJs with ANYTHING...

Groucho
12-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Some people will power their FJs with ANYTHING...

It was how I got into "Iron" pigs. Now that's a real man's iron.

treerootCO
12-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I have a bottle of something....I don't know what to call it other than magic. It makes grease disappear. I kid you not. It came with the Tahoe when I bought it and the grease just disappears.

Rezarf
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Try rubbing GOOP hand cleaner into the stain.

It always worked in getting Steam Oil(which withstands heat past the boiling point of water. Believe me, that stuff REALLY stays in your clothes!) out of my overalls after shoveling 4-6 tons of coal a day into a coal fired steam locomotive.

Off topic, Nathaniel, I would love to hear about this job sometime when we are on a run together or something. That sounds like a wild job!

Drew