PDA

View Full Version : joined a new club...

CardinalFJ60
12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
....the two cruiser club. I hope to have it by the Jan. Meeting...but probably a few days after it. This is the only pic I have. I'm so frickin' excited; I've coveted this very cruiser for years. His wife is due with Twins, and he needs to get a new truck for his business.

It's in excellent condition; the 2f was rebuilt a few years ago, it's getting a knuckle job before I get it, and it was built/re-furbed as a frame-off. There's a little rust in the hardtop - you can probably see it in the pic. OH...I think the bezel-police will be after me...that'll be the #1 priority!

since I know even less about 40's as I do about my 60 (if it's even possible)...this'll be FUN!!

60wag
12-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Very cool, Shawn.

nakman
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Awesome!! what year? yeah I should be able to tell from the pic, I know.. 74?

Romer
12-27-2006, 04:57 PM
The wing windows and the lights put it between 76-78

Also, the 74 would have the wipers on the top of the windshield

CardinalFJ60
12-27-2006, 05:05 PM
My wife is having alot of fun with the, "Oh, I see...Tim gets an ARB bumper, then you get one, he get's winch, you say you 'need' a winch....he got a 40...now you 'need' one" :lmao: She's the one who actually got the wheels in motion for this one...she's the best.

I believe it's a 77, 4sp, no ps, 2F, disc front/drum rears, ...No extreme stuff on it (lockers, sliders, etc) and that's totally cool.

No soft top...yet.:D ( :bowdown: thanks Rising Sun Rally!!!) We had a good laugh after I won that saying, "well, I guess I need a 40 to go with my top."

As time goes on, I hope my wife and kid will wheel with me. Wifey is a "driver"...she'll have fun in the 40, too!!! well, kiddo isn't a year old yet so....that'll have to wait...

So...Nakman...in 16 years we'll be wheeling with the "G-Men" in their sweet 40's. :D Our Hydrogen powered vehicles will still be cool.

wesintl
12-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Sweet! Glad to see another 40 in the fold. Got to keep the pink panties in check ;)

:thumb:

FJBen
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Very cool! I'm still wanting a 40... congrats! :beer:

nakman
12-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Ok cool, another 77! And will this be parking outside? (you know, just in case I need something... ) :lmao:

But what about the "mashed down" front corners of the hood? Isn't that pre-75? Or maybe the lighting on the pic is messing with me and they aren't really mashed down.. didn't think to look at the wipers. And I thought the hard top was a hatch but it looks like the ambulance door is just open in the pic. We should start a series of "name that year" threads.. I'm better at the wagons. ;)

subzali
12-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I think the '76 mirrors were different too, which would put it in the '77-'78 range. Me, Tim and Shawn should Cruise in the '77s! Looks like you don't have to send me an email anymore Shawn :rolleyes: :D That's a fine looking ride!

nuclearlemon
12-28-2006, 08:38 AM
76 still had full solid window.
oh, and fix that bezel:D

CardinalFJ60
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
OH yeah....we'll get that fixed right up. Hey Ige!

Do you remember our little joke after the Rally? "Oh Man, Now that I won the top....I gotta get a 40" :thumb:

Chris
12-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Very cool Shawn, congrats! :thumb:

You might as well turn the 60 into a soccer mom's truck now and sell me the OME, I've got some HFS to swap with you :D

:cheers:

Rezarf
12-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice looking truck!

Can't wait to see it in person.

Drew

nuclearlemon
12-28-2006, 04:54 PM
OH yeah....we'll get that fixed right up. Hey Ige!

Do you remember our little joke after the Rally? "Oh Man, Now that I won the top....I gotta get a 40" :thumb:
nothing like an excuse...

Hulk
12-30-2006, 01:06 AM
No soft top...yet.:D ( :bowdown: thanks Rising Sun Rally!!!) We had a good laugh after I won that saying, "well, I guess I need a 40 to go with my top."

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

You may not be able to use the "free soft top" certificate -- STC is being purchased by another company, which is moving all their equipment and inventory out-of-state. I tried calling Blake last week, and the phone rang and rang with no answer, until I got voicemail. Their voice mailbox was full.

Rising Sun will take care of you in some fashion, but I'm not sure we can afford to give you $1000 to purchase a new soft top.

The new Cruiser looks sweet. I've always thought that 76-78 were the three "golden years" for FJ40s!!