PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Ghost Town Run - 2007

Groucho
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Time to plan for the Ghost Town Run! :party:

The 3rd annual Ghost Town Run will be held July 21-22nd this year.

This is a great run for whomever is interested in taking a scenic trip over some historic mountain passes, investigate historical places along the way and camp overnight! Families and dogs are welcome.:) Camping is usually plenty and inexpensive. :camping:

The route is TBD, but don't worry, It'll be a great one!

Hulk
01-04-2007, 06:43 PM
AWESOME! This is always a great run.

wesintl
01-04-2007, 06:44 PM
3 great summer wheeling trips. Mark you calendar now. Ours is! :thumb:

Romer
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
So instaed of the mine museum in Leadville, how about a stop at a mine that has a tour? Those are kind of neat.

sno bored
02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Country Boy mine in Breckenridge has tours. It's a couple of miles down the street from me. I don't know anything about the tours though.

Red_Chili
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
The mine just SW of Idaho Springs is fun. Working mine too.

gcmandrake
02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm definitely game this year. A mine tour would be exceedingly cool.

the Other Matt

waggoner5
02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Silverton has a great mine tour and a processing tour. I've done both and they are really cool.

Rainen
02-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I am there. Can't wait. Ready to see all the snow melted and get back into the high country.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
speaking of mine tours, have any of you done the "non-tourist" cave of the winds tour?
the one you take a flashlight and a change of cloths :thumb: pretty sweet!

gwhipp
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Any news as to where the Ghost Town Trip is going to be? Once the route is determined, I will do some research at school and find out about the old mines on the route. I have to put this Mining Engineering degree to use. =)

I am looking forward to it!

bh4rnnr
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Any news as to where the Ghost Town Trip is going to be? Once the route is determined, I will do some research at school and find out about the old mines on the route. I have to put this Mining Engineering degree to use. =)

I am looking forward to it!

Nathaniel and I will soon have the trip planned out. I'll make sure to get some firewood, for old times sake:hill: , oh and welcome.

Groucho
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
After that announcement last night of this trail run being "not one to miss", here are more of the details for the 3rd annual GTR.

Saturday morning, go up to visit the Waldorf/Argentine pass area. The reasons for this are two fold:
1. it has some mine/historical stuff up there, and
2. it is our clubs trail for volunteer cleanup.

After visiting that area, the group will go down to Georgetown to ride the Georgetown Loop railroad (http://www.georgetownlooprr.com/) to include the Lebanon Mine tour.

After the railroad, we head over loveland pass toward Keystone/Breckenridge. We will visit the towns of Montezuma, St Johns, Wild Irishman and Rexford.

We will visit the Country Boy Mine tour in Breckenridge (http://www.countryboymine.com/) and maybe take a small side trip to a few historical places in and or around Breck. The side trip might be a short walk.

Camping will be in/around Breckenridge.

We will head home over Boreas Pass to HWY 285. Boreas has quite a few interesting things to stop and look at, as well as a visitors center at the pass.

Timeline will be worked out by Perry and myself as time progresses(translation: after Moab) and we will post details as soon as they are ready. Should be a fun time for all! Hope to see everybody there.

sno bored
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Nathaniel, There really isn't any camping in Breckenridge. There is Tiger Run RV park, which is just parking spots for RV's. There are areas on national forest where you can "camp", but no water, outhouses, ect. There are a few campgrounds around Lake Dillon which seem nice, but I have never camped there. If there is anything I can do to help out up here, let me know. Kevin

Romer
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Is there any wheeling besides Argentine pass on this trip?

bh4rnnr
03-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Is there any wheeling besides Argentine pass on this trip?

Yes, looking at some other options for saturday afternoon and Sunday:beer: .

Uncle Ben
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Nathaniel, There really isn't any camping in Breckenridge. There is Tiger Run RV park, which is just parking spots for RV's. There are areas on national forest where you can "camp", but no water, outhouses, ect. There are a few campgrounds around Lake Dillon which seem nice, but I have never camped there. If there is anything I can do to help out up here, let me know. Kevin

Could throw in a little wheeling and camp at Wheeler Lake.(?)

nakman
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Any updates you ghostowners?

wesintl
05-30-2007, 10:12 PM
dang nabit I'll be at rehoboth beach eating boardwalk fries and blue crab :D

nuclearlemon
05-31-2007, 08:00 AM
dangit...got the bandimere truckfest with the raffle rig that weekend :(

Karst8835
06-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Count Tish and I in again this year. Looking forward to it.

Jack

Groucho
06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm planning a saturday pre-run to determine best route, times and excitement along the way. This trip is designed to be more expeditionary than hardcore wheeling, so bring your gear, fridge, tent and dog to enjoy.

Camping--We will be trying to camp very near/on the shore of lake Dillon so folks can rest their feet in the water while enjoying their favorite frosty beverage saturday night. We also are thinking about a potluck style dinner if we can get everyone close enough to make it fun.

Georgetown Loop train stuff--The price of the train trip with a mine tour is $26.75 for adults and $19.75 for children (ages 15 and under). For those just wanting the train ride it is $18.75 for adults; $14.25 for children (15 and under); ages 2 and under are complementary (when sitting on an adult's lap).
If you don't want to ride the train at all, you will be free to explore Georgetown on your own. The train ride and mine tour are a little over 2 hours. (Yours truly is working part time on the Loop as an engineer, and I will try to get a good group rate if I can. )

Country Boy Mine--Cost is:
Adults $17.95 Children $12.95 (4-12)
Includes gold panning. Children 3 and under are free. Again, those who don't choose to participate in the mine tour are welcome to explore Breckenridge on their own. The mine tour only lasts 45 minutes.

It is coming close to GO time, so we'll keep you posted.

lfd270ben
06-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I want to do it but the 40 is in pieces do you guys think I can do It in my Frontier It has 33's on it but it is open front and rear.

bh4rnnr
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
If possible, looking for an open seat. Will help out with gas or whatever else. Can't wait for the run:cool: :beer: .

Groucho
07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
I would like to see a show of hands of folks who are interested in going on this. The reason for this is two-fold. One, I am trying to get us rediculously discounted tickets to the Georgetown Loop railroad and Lebanon Mine tour(not the Country Boy Mine) and I need a close headcount.

The second is that camping is not abundant in the area. I went up last saturday and checked out the 3 USFS campgrounds near Lake Dillon(Windy Point group CG, Prospector CG, Lowry CG) and they were booked solid for the GTR weekend. The other two CG's that accept reservations, Heaton Bay CG and Peak One CG, are both closed due to pine beetle removal. There are plenty of first-come, first served sites, these will probably be far and few between. There is also another option I am exploring that would be free and easily accessable, just no pit toilets or water spigots. That is why I need the count.

Please post up if you plan on going. (Those who already posted, thank you, no need to post again.)

Hulk
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
We'll be there: Matt, Karie and the kids

Groucho
07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Saturday morning, we will leave from what we call the "Geo-Cut" exit off of I-70 (AKA exit #259/Morrison). We will begin to stage at 7am, and leave by 7:30am.

2M 146.460 MhZ
CB 4

Plan for tent camping overnight. Bring water, food, cool weather clothes, rain gear, toilet paper and any Camping stuff you need.

MDH33
07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm planning on going. Myself and maybe my wife, Kim.

:thumb:

lfd270ben
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I will be there with 2 buddies in a silver frontier

nakman
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Nakman family is in for whatever. see you then!

Karst8835
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Just confirming that the Hess fammily (Jack & Tish) will be there.

Jethro
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Nathaniel-
I'm coming and I'm trying to talk two kids into coming so I won't be all alone in that big 80.

Hants
07-04-2007, 05:35 PM
The Whites are planning to be there, too. :)

Hulk
07-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Plan for tent camping overnight. Bring water, food, cool weather clothes, rain gear, toilet paper and any Camping stuff you need.

Reservations needed? Or is this primitive camping?

Groucho
07-05-2007, 05:38 AM
I went up last saturday and checked out the 3 USFS campgrounds near Lake Dillon(Windy Point group CG, Prospector CG, Lowry CG) and they were booked solid for the GTR weekend.

These are the only ones in the area that take reservations. So, no reservations can be made. We will have to wing it like the first GTR. Kevin(sno bored) is helping me with picking the right campground to head to Saturday. I would suggest planning for primitive camping. If someone wished, they could always go for a hotel in Silverthorne, Breckenridge or Keystone and meet up with us in the AM on Sunday.

Three Wheel Ben
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I think we're in, still working out some of the details.

Groucho
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I just got off of the phone with the reservations manager for the Georgetown Loop railroad. I made us reservations for 25 people for the 12:45pm train and Lebanon Mine tour. We also got a group discount. It wasn't much, but better than nuthin. Anyone who is planning on doing the train thing--can I get a check for your tickets at the meeting? I will be putting some $$$ on my credit card so if I can have anyones ticket $$$ now that would be great.

Adults:$23.75
Kids(ages3-15):$16.75
Kids under 3 are free.

By my count we have 26 folks going that said they were going(counting you too lexusben). I am able to adjust the number up-- until a week from today(7-10), and down--until the night before the run. If anyone does not want to do the train ride/mine tour, speak up NOW so I can tell them to sell the tickets to someone else. Thanks.

After next Tuesday, anyone who shows up for the run might be outta luck for the train ride/mine tour in G-Town. A better itinerary will be handed out to those who are interested on wednesday's meeting.

Campground situation is looking good, just unable to reserve.

Post up any questions now.

Hulk
07-10-2007, 11:09 AM
My kids will love the train ride. Sounds awesome.

Groucho
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
read my last post again.

Hulk
07-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I'll bring my checkbook tomorrow night. How will my 3-year-old boy do on the mine tour? Will he be scared or bored?

Karst8835
07-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I was not able to make the meeting so I will pay you at the event for Tish and I.

Jack

Groucho
07-16-2007, 07:38 AM
How will my 3-year-old boy do on the mine tour? Will he be scared or bored?

I think it is short enough not to bore anyone, but neat enough to be cool. It is well lit, and with a big group it should be far from scary.

Groucho
07-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I was not able to make the meeting so I will pay you at the event for Tish and I.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

I will need everyone to either bring a check made out to me fro their total or cash works too. I will take the checks and/or cash and pay one time with my visa, so we can minimize problems at the ticket window.

nakman
07-16-2007, 10:15 AM
The train and mine tour sounds like fun, but my son told me yesterday he'd rather stay up on Argentine and take a nap. So we're out for the train, someone else can have our slots if needed, or just cancel them. We'll be at the geocut on Saturday morning to lead everyone up to Argentine though.

Is it 145.340 that covers the whole I-70 corridor? We can probably firm that up this evening on geek chat, talk to you then.

Hulk
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Does that mean some folks will be camping Friday night? We might want to do this.

sno bored
07-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Does that mean some folks will be camping Friday night? We might want to do this.

Nathaniel told me he is coming up Thurdsay night to get some camping spots before it gets too busy. I think he is planning on camping out Thurs, Fri, and Sat. You should check with him to make sure.

nakman
07-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah I think the "cool kids" are going up early to camp... :rolleyes: I volunteered to see that everyone makes it up on Saturday AM, since I'll be driving up then with the rest of my fellow lame-os.. :)

Seldom Seen
07-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Is it 145.340 that covers the whole I-70 corridor? We can probably firm that up this evening on geek chat, talk to you then.

145.310 (PL 123.0) is the Colo. Conn. (http://www.colcon.org/repeaters.html) machine. 310 coves up to G-town. 146.790 (PL 123.0) in Breck can be used but has a shadow to the southeast. 145.445 (PL 123.0) on Mosquito can fill in if you can't get Breck. All are inter connected.

BPMOU
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Pardon me if I missed it in a previous post, is there away to meet up with the group on Sunday morning? I have to work on Sat night, but I might bring my Dad out if this is a possibility.

Karst8835
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Nathaniel -

Just so you know, Tish and I need to cut out after the train ride and mine tour. We now need to be back in town Saturday late afternoon.

Jack

bh4rnnr
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I'll be there friday night one way or another.... Still looking for a ride for the rest of the weekend:beer: :beer: .

Groucho
07-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Does that mean some folks will be camping Friday night? We might want to do this.Nathaniel told me he is coming up Thurdsay night to get some camping spots before it gets too busy. I think he is planning on camping out Thurs, Fri, and Sat. You should check with him to make sure.
I am heading up on thursday night after work to try and secure as many 'first-come, firt-served' camping spots for the group. This may be at Lake Dillon in the Lowry or Prospector CG's, or at Green Mtn Res(a few miles north of silverthorne)at a few CG's there.

Yeah I think the "cool kids" are going up early to camp... :rolleyes: I volunteered to see that everyone makes it up on Saturday AM, since I'll be driving up then with the rest of my fellow lame-os.. :)

Tim, I thought you worked for a living? :lmao:

Anyone who wants to can meet me up there from thrusday night on. Staying in a hotel in Silverthorne is cool, too.

I found out when I went up to scope the area a couple weeks ago that this situation of no reservable camping spots so early in the season(I tried to reserve spots before Moab) is directly related to the two largest campgrounds in the Lake Dillon area, Heaton Bay and Peak One, being shut down completely for pine-beetle mitigation and not as of yet re-opening. Combined those two campgrounds have over 150 campsites that are unavailable. Heaton Bay was supposed to open early this month, but as of late last week the ranger station said they will not commit to anything.

The tenative schedule has us leaving the Morrison exit off I-70 at 7:30am. We will ne to be able to get to Waldorf and back down(argentine pass) to silver plume by 12:30 to make our train departure. That puts us back in silver plume around 3:30pm. Then it is on to the campground. Sunday morning will have us at Montezuma around 10am. We will be going up around Montezuma to visit Saints John and Wild Irishman, before heading back down to go home over Boreas Pass, stopping at the water tank and pass for some neat stuff. When we head down from Montezuma(around lunchtime or just after), if folks wish they may then take I-70 back home, skipping Boreas Pass.
Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

nakman
07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok so I'll see whomever wants to meet at the "geocut" on I-70 on Saturday am, probably go for the NE corner, since the west side is so chewed up with all the construction. Will be on good ol' #4 on the citizen band, and 145.310 for 2m types.

Looking forward to a little wheeling, then some :beer: and :camping: and :beer: and maybe one more :drink:

what's for dinner on Saturday, anyway?

Hulk
07-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Hmmm. Go camping Friday night, drink a few beers, build a campfire, sleep a little later on Saturday morning...

- or -

Go buy the new Harry Potter book at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning. :D

I must say, option one is very appealing. And I think there is a Borders bookstore in Dillon if I really need my Harry Potter fix.

Groucho
07-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Looking forward to a little wheeling, then some :beer: and :camping: and :beer: and maybe one more :drink:

what's for dinner on Saturday, anyway?

The idea of a potluck dinner is still a "go".
I will be bringing the grill, a two burner stove, burgers and brats.

We need volunteers for the following:
Buns--hamburger and hot dog(24-28 of each)SNOBORED
Potato salad(2-3 tubs)JETHRO
Macaroni salad(2-3 tubs)
Baked beans(1 BIG can or 3-4 small cans)NAKMAN
Chips (probably 2 people bringing 2 bags each)1. NAKMAN 2. BH4RNNR
Salad(pasta and/or green)Green:HULK Pasta: ?
desserts(at least two people bringing something to feed 8)
If I can score a second ARB freezer-fridge, I will also bring ice cream.

We just need to plan to bring enough to feed 20-25 people.

I will be PM-ing folks on my list of attendees to post up what they would be willing to bring, so post up what you are bringing asap.

Bring your own :beer: :drink:

Groucho
07-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Hmmm. Go camping Friday night, drink a few beers, build a campfire, sleep a little later on Saturday morning...

- or -

Go buy the new Harry Potter book at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning. :D

I must say, option one is very appealing. And I think there is a Borders bookstore in Dillon if I really need my Harry Potter fix.

We can always make a covert-op to the dillon Borders to get your Harry Potter. Paintballs anyone?

sno bored
07-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I can bring buns. 24-28 each of hotdog and hamburger.

nakman
07-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok I'm good for the beans, one big can. And some chips.

Hulk
07-17-2007, 08:13 AM
We'll bring an enormous green salad.

Tch2fly
07-17-2007, 08:31 AM
I can't make the run but plan on camping near Dillon Friday night on my way to Sylvan Lake.
I'll keep my eyes open for the group and stop by for a beer or 2 .... so if somebody sees a white 80 with a canoe on the roof, come and say hi.

MDH33
07-17-2007, 08:36 AM
...The tenative schedule has us leaving the Morrison exit off I-70 at 7:30am. ...Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

Ok so I'll see whomever wants to meet at the "geocut" on I-70 on Saturday am, probably go for the NE corner, since the west side is so chewed up with all the construction...

I'm confused about when and where the official meeting point is. :confused:

Jethro
07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I'll bring potato salad for 25.

nakman
07-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm confused about when and where the official meeting point is. :confused:

One and the same, Martin. The Morrison exit off I-70 is affectionately referred to as the Geo-cut, because of the geological wonders of the big cut through the hogback. As kids in the area you actually take a field trip to the area, to learn about the different rock layering, then you head south towards Morrison and see the dinosaur footprints.

This is the next exit past 470 headed west, top of the hill. Or if you're on colfax then don't bother with I-70, just take that all the way up past Heritage square and then stop at I-70. clear as mud? I'll be the other green Land Cruiser loaded up for camping..

MDH33
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
One and the same, Martin. The Morrison exit off I-70 is affectionately referred to as the Geo-cut, because of the geological wonders of the big cut through the hogback. As kids in the area you actually take a field trip to the area, to learn about the different rock layering, then you head south towards Morrison and see the dinosaur footprints.

This is the next exit past 470 headed west, top of the hill. Or if you're on colfax then don't bother with I-70, just take that all the way up past Heritage square and then stop at I-70. clear as mud? I'll be the other green Land Cruiser loaded up for camping..

Got it, thanks. I may just meet up at the Argentine trailhead since there is noooo way my 40 is keeping up with a bunch of 80's on I-70.

Groucho
07-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Got it, thanks. I may just meet up at the Argentine trailhead since there is noooo way my 40 is keeping up with a bunch of 80's on I-70.

Just FYI for those not accustomed to the club's style of caravan:
We use the slowest vehicle to set the pace, no vehicle left behind type of thing.:) :flop:

Martin, if you wish to head up earlier, we'll plan on it. But it is by no means necessary. :thumb:

Corbet
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Here is another place you could check for camping. Miner's Creek Road. Its above Frisco and you can legally camp 2 miles? up the road out of town.

Directions:

Turn west at Peak One BLVD. (next stop light south of Main St.) 100yrs turn right and quick left. You will be driving on the bike path but this is a road too. Follow the bike path until it comes to a T with the actual bike path. Go straight onto a dirt road. It makes an immediate left turn up a hill. Follow this road at least two miles up and camp. Miner's Creek will provide water but your on your own for everything else. FYI for some reason its called "Rainbow Lake Rd" on yahoo maps beyond the bike path? Its the road going off the bottom of the page below.

Hope this helps someone out. If you can't find it call me on my cell 970 668-5334. I'll talk you through it or come and show you. I live only 2 blocks away.

Corbet
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
There are also a few spots out Tiger Road. They are often full of the ATV / Moto crowd but available never the less. You could also camp up Peru Creek near some old mine sites.

Again water available no toilets. Note water in Peru Creek questionable to drink even filtered.

corsair23
07-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Here is another place you could check for camping. Miner's Creek Road. Its above Frisco and you can legally camp 2 miles? up the road out of town.

FYI for some reason its called "Rainbow Lake Rd" on yahoo maps beyond the bike path? Its the road going off the bottom of the page below.

Thanks for that post Corbet. I use to wheel up there in my old Toyota PU in the late 80's early 90's, way before the buildings were there and they turned the road into a bike path/road. I haven't been back as I thought they closed it and it gets confusing back in there.

Anywho, I believe the reason for calling it Rainbow Lake Rd is because that little blue lake you see on the map is Rainbow Lake. I don't know what it looks like now but it use to be a beautiful little lake and on a calm day you could get some awesome pics of the mountains reflecting in the water :thumb:. As I recall Miner's Creek Rd was a fun little trail with some boulders etc. I'll have to drive up there and see how the area has changed over the last 15-20 years now that I know it is still open to OHV vehicles.

Corbet
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Rainbow Lake Rd/Miner's Creek Rd whatever is pretty much graded and drivable by 2WD car for a few miles. Gets better the farther up you go. I walk the dog around Rainbow Lake almost every morning before work. I have never noticed anything labeling it as Rainbow Lake Rd except when I saw it on Yahoo Maps today. I guess I'll look tomorrow.;) It is open to OHV and there is a maze of old mining roads up above Frisco.

Anyway back on topic, camping available there. Room for many if no one already there this weekend.

Hants
07-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Caroline is baking 2 pies this morning for the potluck. :thumb:

Does anyone have a spare CB? I've got family in town, so we'll be bringing 2 rigs, but I only have 1 CB.

Thanks,
Hants

Three Wheel Ben
07-20-2007, 09:40 AM
We'll bring the mac salad.

Groucho
07-20-2007, 09:49 AM
We got a nice primitive camp area for saturday night. Stayed there last night. Got 4 tents set up.
It is primitive, so bring water and toilet paper. we will be bringing a CM portable toilet.

Fire ban is in effect, so no campfires unless someone has a ring they want to schlep up there.

Meet at the "geocut" at 7am. Nakman and lexusben will be arranging the cravan from the geocut to georgetown. we will be leaving at 7:30am or when evryone is there, whichever comes first.

Fpr those trying to come up tonight, the campground is at milemarker 218 on US 6 between keystone and A-basin, south side of the road, down the dirt road between the trees.

Matt, Perry, cell phones work at the campsite, and I am monitoring the colorado connection. 145.310 w/123.0 tone in denver, 146.790 w/123.0 tone in Breck.

bh4rnnr
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Nathaniel, I may not be able to get up tonight, but will call if I can.

We got a nice primitive camp area for saturday night. Stayed there last night. Got 4 tents set up.
It is primitive, so bring water and toilet paper. we will be bringing a CM portable toilet.

Fire ban is in effect, so no campfires unless someone has a ring they want to schlep up there.

Meet at the "geocut" at 7am. Nakman and lexusben will be arranging the cravan from the geocut to georgetown. we will be leaving at 7:30am or when evryone is there, whichever comes first.

Fpr those trying to come up tonight, the campground is at milemarker 218 on US 6 between keystone and A-basin, south side of the road, down the dirt road between the trees.

Matt, Perry, cell phones work at the campsite, and I am monitoring the colorado connection. 145.310 w/123.0 tone in denver, 146.790 w/123.0 tone in Breck.

MDH33
07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Nathaniel, just in case you didn't get my PM, I'm going to miss this run. My 40 is not running right and I have no time to finish the needed repairs. I hate when work gets in the way of life...:rant:

Have fun! :thumb: :beer: :campfire: :beer2:

~jealous~ :(

nakman
07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Martin just show up tomorrow AM and hop in with someone. Will just be me & the boy all day Saturday.. lots of space.

MDH33
07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Martin just show up tomorrow AM and hop in with someone. Will just be me & the boy all day Saturday.. lots of space.

Thanks Tim. I'm tempted, because I was really looking forward to this run, but if I don't use the weekend to fix my 40, I'll miss even more runs. :thumb: :beer:

Nick F.
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I would like to bring the wife and kid out on sunday morning. Can someone post up directions to montezuma or a gps loc?:thumb:

Corbet
07-21-2007, 10:05 AM
From I-70 exit in Dillon/Silverthorne. Take HWY 6 towards Keystone. After passing the big skier parking lot stay in the right lane. This will put you on Montezuma rd. (do not take HWY 6 up Loveland pass) Follow the road to Montezuma. Once in town it should be pretty easy to spot club members.

Nick F.
07-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks man:beer: :thumb: